Chapter 70

Usagi 70

>>>>CHAPTER 70<<<<

>>>>Reunited<<<<

'Obito... It looks like this is as long as I'll be able to be your eyes.'

Kakashi stood in a near pitch black, empty space. Whether walls were around him or it was an endless dark ground, he was unsure.

'I wasn't able to protect Rin, I broke my promise. I guess if I'm here, I wasn't able to protect Usagi either.'

Kakashi stepped forward, walking along the path he couldn't see.

He knew where he was, even though he had no clue where he was.

It was the afterlife, that much he knew, but what exactly was the afterlife?

He continued walking, a faint light becoming visible with each step he took.

Kakashi had a lot of regrets, but he also had a lot of things to be proud of.

"Is that you, Kakashi?"

It was a familiar voice, one that filled Kakashi with a mix of emotions. Hate was there to an extent, the young boy in Kakashi making itself known as he saw a figure sitting by a fire, the source of light he had seen. But even thought that hate was there, the other emotions Kakashi had felt as a child were there too. Love.

"... So this is where you've been." He didn't smile as he sat down, his one open eye glued to the man near him.

"Will you tell me about yourself?" The man asked.

"... It'll take a long time, but sure. I want to tell you everything."

"Alright." The man smiled.

As soon as Kakashi saw his expression, he couldn't help himself. Kakashi smiled, letting his happiness take over. It had been ages since he had last seen him, he didn't want to ruin their meeting by acting sour. "So... Dad."

Kakashi had a lot to say, and Sakumo had a lot to learn.

He started from the beginning, talking about how he had felt about Sakumo and what he had done.

Then he spoke about his teammates, Obito and Rin, and his sensei, Minato. He told Sakumo everything, how they had died and how the guilt still haunted him to that very day.

That guilt had been eating him alive, he tried too hard to get rid of it, to drown out the pain... Kakashi made a lot of bad choices, but it was one day when he met a young red haired girl it all changed.

The girl was just like him, all alone in the cruel world. Her father too had left when things grew too difficult, but that only made him more determined.

Kakashi turned his life around after that, living alongside this small girl. She was a handful, always getting into trouble, but she was his little girl.

It was this bond that Kakashi had with Usagi that made him understand. It was because of this he was truly able to forgive his father.

"I never thought we would both die so young." Sakumo said, a sad look to his eyes after hearing Kakashi's story. "Though not as young as your mother."

"Regardless of what happened..." Kakashi said. "You tried your best. I... I'm proud of you, Dad."

---- ---- ---- ----

Boom!

It had been a number of years ago that the leaf village had been founded.

It was a large village, loved by many. And it was a peaceful village too in more recent village.

It was one of the great hidden villages, and it was so for a reason.

The Hidden Leaf village was a home to many.

But imagine watching that home be torn apart, the foundations of it mercilessly ripped from the soil with unimaginable force.

That was exactly what all the citizens of Konoha were doing.

Pain had unleashed a massive attack, one that destroyed the entire village.

You see, Nagato had discovered something that gave him the final push he needed to completely destroy Konoha.

Usagi was dead.

Ringo had returned to help Usagi just as she had promised, but it had been too late.

She was long gone by the time Ringo and Konan found her.

Konan bit her lip, almost on the verge of tears as she saw Usagi, her body lifeless as she hung off a plank of wood like a ragdoll.

She had picked up the girl's body nonetheless, carefully removing her from the plank she was stuck on.

The gaping hole where her stomach should have been was concerning to Konan. She knew Nagato could bring her back to life, but such a wound...

Originally, Nagato had offered Usagi the protection of her village, and of herself. Nagato had only planned on breaking one of these promises, not both.

Konan brought her body back to where Nagato's real body was, and upon seeing her... he snapped.

And the village payed for that.

They would now know pain, the pain of having something they loved so much taken from them.

They would know the pain he had felt too many times before.

---- ---- ---- ----

Angry was one word you could use to describe how Naruto felt as he saw what remained of his villages.

Furious was another.

Naruto stood, his sage mode chakra activated as he was alongside three toad summoning's.

Pain stood opposite to Naruto. "Now I don't have to look for you..."

A frown covered the blondes face.

How dare this Pain destroy his home...

Naruto had spent so much time training, perfecting his new sage mode, but what use were his abilities if he couldn't protect his home?

How could he become Hokage if he couldn't even do that?

"Let's settle this once and for all!"

Naruto called out.

And then, the battle began.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN/ I'm making progress on the editing- I'm up to chapter 86/100!!!!!!!!!

The battle scenes are typically not that well-written, but in future my other Naruto fanfics will avoid battle scenes to ensure my writing is better!!

And now, a question. Does anybody eat Mochi (Usagi's favourite food) irl? I'm eating some right now and damn this shit is so good!!!

Okay, I'll stop there before I start rambling, I have lots to do!

Thank you for reading as usual!

-C