Collapse

Name: Y/N
Location: Earth
Day:The End

'Was it always meant to end this way?' I thought as I was sitting against the smoldering remains of what used to be my personal jumpship, bleeding out on the grass and warm steel. I looked up at the now ashen sky, nothing but smoke from nearby cities filling it, blocking the once blue sky, and those 'Pyramids' poking out of the smog.

'Were we not ready for this day? Has karma finally come back to kick us where it hurts?' I chuckled at that last remark, but instantly regretted it due to feeling a piercing pain in my side. I look down and see bone sticking out from my chest, a rib.

'Lovely,' is all I thought of it.

'So this is our salvation? More like extinction,' I thought bitterly. I moved my right hand unintentionally, and griped onto leather. I looked over and saw that I was holding the strap to my rifle, the only thing that was miraculously not destroyed in the crash. I bring it closer to me, due to it being the only thing I really can do. After a little struggle of trying to bring it to me through the turned up dirt, I finally managed to bring it closer and settle it on my lap. Now all I had to do was wait for the end.

It wasn't that simple though. Even though I have bone sticking out of me and lost enough blood, I'm somehow still alive. Then it hit me. This cold icy feeling all over my body. This 'feeling' gripped onto my head, invisible hands forcing me to look up at the sky towards those 'pyramids'. I tried looking away, but that feeling kept me locked in place, every muscle turned to ice. Hell, I couldn't even close my eyes!

Then a thought occurred, 'Is it making me watch them? Watch them destroy everything that humanity has built for themselves?' I was terrified now because I could do nothing, I had no control and this 'coldness' was making sure I knew. It was right there that I had wished for nothing more than the sweet embrace of death.

After what felt like hours of watching those 'pyramids', something miraculous happened. I could see out of the corner of my eye that a white light was traveling over the Harrison and coming my direction, and fast. Two words popped into my mind just seeing that light, 'The Traveler?'

It was that moment my eyes were blinded by nothing but light, pure white light. I felt calm, at peace. I slipped into eternal rest after the sensation.