Loyalty

Jackson was staying with the team for the time being, but he paid attention to the news. He kept his eye on the world leaders, watching the changes he had brought about. In his absence, he had paid visits to the leaders of Israel, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, and even the leader of Afghanistan. The never-ending battle over "promised land" needed to be resolved. Too much blood had already been shed because of it, much of it belonging to innocent people.

The Muslims, Jews, and Christians may all have different traditions, different interpretations of "God's will", but they all worshiped the same God. The God of Abraham. It was true that the Jewish faith did not recognize Christ as the son of their God, but their God was still the same God the Christians worshiped and the same as Allah whom the Muslims worshiped. The Quran and The Bible tell much the same story, only splitting off where prophets are concerned. They all regard the God of Abraham to be the only true God, however, and bloodshed over who owns which land presently and whether or not Israel should be a state, etc...

Father Time decided they needed to settle it. If they did not, and continued to shed innocent blood because of their religious debate, he would kill them. Starting with those with the most influence and control over their own specific armies. He did not subscribe to any particular religion. He viewed the entire topic of organized religion with a watchful passiveness. As long as situations did not arise such as witch-hunts and Holy wars, he did not see any reason people should not be allowed to gather in the name of their God.

He had been convincing, as he usually was, and he watched as things changed. Armies were recalled and soldiers sent back to their families. There was a wash of peace over the middle-eastern countries never before witnessed or recorded. He still had work to do and he had a feeling they would need reminding once in a while, but so far, things were going according to plan.

His next tasks would likely prove more difficult and the subjects less easily convinced, but he did not have any doubts as to whether he would be able to succeed.

The U.S. leader, the Russian leader, the leaders of China, North Korea, and the European leaders... these were going to take a bit of finesse. Maybe something would actually challenge him for once. He doubted it.

Jackson had not given the team any specifics as to what he had been up to while he was away, only that he had not been in the country. He had severed Orion's link with his sister so that she would not be in danger as a result of his actions. Even Father Time could not know or control everything. He was, after all, not, himself, a God. Even did he see other people's past and future when he touched them, sometimes things were not as clear as others. Such as in the case of the Raven and Macy Grey. They were hazy at best. He believed it was due to his own emotions and his feelings for the two women.

This left him in a predicament even he was not sure how to resolve. For the time being, he decided to do what most imperfect men did. Avoid the subject entirely. He did not believe romantic endeavors were wise for him at the moment, anyways, and so facing the problem was easily put off. He needed to concentrate on more important matters, such as the end of war. World peace. The balance between good and evil. Those kinds of things.

.........

Macy's heels click-clacked rapidly to keep up with Jackson's long stride as they left the old hotel to go back and report to the chief. They intended to stay at the hotel at night with the rest of the team rather than going back to their own apartments. Macy intended to collect her cat and feed her fish, but she would meet Jackson back at the hotel that evening.

She chanced a side-long glance at her partner and her heart fluttered. Jackson Wolfe was the only man she had ever loved and the only one she would ever love, she truly believed. Father Time, on the other hand, was a cold-hearted, unfeeling killer. In her opinion, his darker side corrupted Jackson and she hated it. Not just because Father Time had feelings for the deplorable Sasha, therefore bringing that into the mix to complicate things, but because his lawless judgement and execution of people were so far in contrast of what Jackson believed and held sacred that she did not understand how the two personas had manifested in the same man.