Homecoming

Macy Grey smiled as a familiar sensation ran up her spine. She stopped shuffling through the papers on her desk and spun around just as the doors to the station swung shut. The tall figure framed in the doorway paused and looked around for a moment before his eyes landed on her. A smile pulled at the corner of his mouth and then he winced as she let out an ear piercing squeal and flew across the room toward him, heels clicking and boobs bouncing.

"Jackson!" she cried as she flung herself into his arms and clung to him as unprofessionally as any display she'd ever shown in the past. He breathed in the sweet scent of her soft hair as he allowed himself to be mauled for a few moments before gently putting her away from him.

"Hello, Macy girl", he said in his low growl. "People are staring."

Indeed every head in the police station had turned their direction and there was a smile on every face. He threw everyone a scowl and they all immediately busied themselves with whatever they'd been doing before he had walked in, some finding something to busy themselves with if they had only been standing idly before.

"Let them stare, honey," Macy purred up at him. "I can't believe you are standing here! Come tell me everything, darling, won't you?"

He drew a deep breath and followed her to their desks, her hips swinging and heels clicking all the way.

"Is the Chief in?" Jackson asked when they had reached their area of the room. He glanced toward Chief Munson's closed door and took his gun out of the holster, placing it in his top drawer.

"Of course he is, darling. Shall we go see him?" Macy turned to him, blue eyes wide with sparkling excitement.

As if on cue, the Chief's door swung open and he poked his head out. When he saw Jackson his face lit up and his booming voice reached their ears easily.

"Wolfe! Grey!" he hollered. "Get'cher behinds in here!"

Jackson looked down at Macy and winked.

"Be right there, Chief!" he called back. Then he reached out and guided his little blonde partner toward the Chief's office with a firm hand, knowing her tendency to get distracted. She didn't seem to mind.

The door was already closed again when they arrived and Jackson knocked lightly and poked his head in, hanging on to Macy with one hand as he opened the door with the other.

"Chief?"

Chief Munson was already seated again and he motioned them in hurriedly while telling his receptionist over the phone to hold his calls.  When he hung up the phone he folded his hands and placed them in front of him on his desk, waiting impatiently for them to take their seats.

Jackson pulled Macy's chair up for her and waited for her to adjust her skirt and plop down into it before sitting down himself. Once settled, he looked up at the Chief and grinned his lopsided, boyish grin.

"How's it going, Chief?" he asked.

"Never mind, Wolfe!" the Chief waved the question away as though it were a bothersome fly and leaned forward. "Tell me what you've been up to and where you've been."

Jackson opened his mouth to speak, but Macy piped in excitedly, "Oh Chief! Isn't it wonderful to have him back? I never thought he'd come walking through those doors. It's been so very long. I was so worried!" Turning to Jackson she scowled at him. "Do you have any idea how worried we have all been about you? Just taking off like that. I was nearly sick that something happened to you!"

Tears were threatening to spill from her eyes and Jackson quickly began to reassure her.

"Hey! It's me!" he said softly. "You should know by now that I'm capable of taking care of myself, Macy."