The Next Day

A/N

Please play the song above when I tell you. it has a meaning. Please listen to it all before moving on from the part of the story written in this font. No bold, just italic. Thanks. Love Soph.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They found us...

Tris came running into the dome, and skidded to a halt in front of me and Four.

"They're here! The Erudite and the Dauntless traitors! And Eric too!"

All of us in the dome who weren't Amity, leapt to our feet. I started panicking. This was not going to work. Eric would recognise us on sight!

Marcus yelled to the Abnegation.

"Any of you not already wearing Amity clothes, go to the dormitories and get changed now!"

"The rest of you put your hair down and try to mimic the Amity's behaviour!" Tris added.

Packs of Abnegation swarmed towards the dormitories, and began to get changed into colourful Amity clothes.

I ran to my room, and grabbed my bag, shoving a knife into my pocket. I pulled my hair about my face, trying to cover it, so Eric wouldn't recognise me.

Before long, Johanna's voice rang out, calling all Amity to the dome for mandatory testing.

With that, everyone joined the crowds of Amity heading towards the dome.

Tris and I noticed that the Abnegation were too quiet, so while she encouraged the adults to act more like the Amity, I nudged a child, and told her to get the other kids to start playing 'Tag'. At first she seemed confused, but when she saw the Amity kids causing a ruckus, she ran off. Not long after, all the Abnegation children hurtled down the hall, laughing and screaming:

"Come get me! You cant catch me!"

"You're it! I touched you!"

"No! That was my sleeve!"

and,

"You're still it!"

I knew Eric knew we were there, so as I passed him, walking with Tris, I dropped a letter I'd been meaning to give him for a while, well, ever since I pissed him off, by his feet. Naturally, him being observative, he saw it fall, and bent to pick it up. As I entered the dome, I glanced back to see him reading it, and the look on his face soften slightly. The letter was me apologising for pissing him off, and telling him that I still love him. Ok, yes, he hurt me, but I still love him.

As we passed the rest of the guards, their eyes just seemed to glide over us, as if we were no different to the Amity, who had just let us dissolve into their faction without any questions, luckily for us.

Sitting down next to Four, across from Marcus, Caleb and Tris at a table, I sighed in relief, letting go some of the tension, before scanning the dome to see where everyone else was.

Peter was sat at the end of the table, and the Abnegation were all on the tables around us.

I leant against Four, trying to act scared of the Dauntless, as some of the Amity were, and he, sensing what I was doing, and also that I need comfort that we would be ok, and survive it, put his arm around me, and pulled me close.

Johanna began to explain why the Erudite and Dauntless traitors (not that she called them that) had come to Amity: to test for Divergents, and to look for several Abnegation; four Dauntless (me, Four, Tris and Peter); and a former Erudite initiate (Caleb).