Interrogation

Chapter 49: (Xavier's POV)- Interrogation

I stood at the door, leaning on the frame as I watched her apply the slightest amount of makeup in her lavender sundress. 

"The best feeling is when I look at you and you're already staring." she smiled and set her mascara down before walking over to me. 

"Of course I'll be staring," I admitted while pushing myself off the wall as she grabbed her phone and threw her good old converse on. "We're driving today." I huffed while grabbing the keys to the jeep. I watched as her eyes widened. 

"Do you have a license?" she asked as she got in the front seat without hesitation. 

"Yes mam, got my permit cleared before and wanna know who took my test?" I turned to her while backing out of the garage. 

"Sheriff Clarke of course." she nodded while guessing correctly. She stuck her hand out the window as the wind hit against it before she stuck her face out, laughing as the wind flirted with her hair, whipping it back and forth. 

We finally pulled up in her driveway and I got out before walking over to her side and getting the door for her before she stepped out and ran her hand through her hair. She brushed the creases out of her dress before taking my hand in hers. 

"Lead the way," she smiled as she nudged my shoulder with hers. I walked up to her front door and rang the doorbell to be greeted with Natalie smiling and welcoming in before seeing her dad sitting on the couch with a frown. 

"You're late," he stood up and walked over to us before glaring at us. 

Deep breaths, Parker, deep breaths. 

"It's my fault, I took too long to get ready, I lost track of time and couldn't find the dress." She's lying for me. 

Reason number one why we shouldn't date, we lie because of each other and for each other. 

"Well, let's get seated shall we?" her dad lead the way into the living room where I sat beside her while her parents sat across from us. "So Xavier, tell me about yourself," I said one last prayer in my head before I began. 

"Uh- well I'm sixteen, almost seventeen, I'm in the same class as Aubrey, I like to read and I'm interested in some sports at school," I explained as shortly and vaguely as I possibly could. 

"Sports such as dyeing the coach's hair?" he arched an eyebrow at me. 

"That and I was on the swim team for a while as well as football and soccer." I countered. 

"What are your opinions on basketball?" he asked very seriously. I think this question is more important than we think. 

"I was planning on trying it out once school starts," I replied. I wasn't planning on doing that but I am now. 

"Let's talk about the law, shall we?" he adjusted himself in his seat. I felt Aubrey's grip tighten on my arm and it dawned on me that this was an interrogation, an extremely crucial one too. 

"I've broken it, multiple times, bent it occasionally," I answered. 

"And do you think the law is something to be bent and toyed with?" This man is terrifying. 

"Absolutely not, sir. I had things going on at home and it was just a way of coping. I don't think my actions were right, there were more ways for me and I regret it." I answered truthfully. No point in hiding anything from this man, he'll find out sooner or later. He took a deep inhale. 

"You were on probation. For what crime or crimes?" he spoke while staring at Aubrey.

"For breaking and entering as well as offending an officer's weapon," I admitted. He nodded before continuing.