Bandages

Chapter 40: (Xavier's POV)- Bandages

"You should've been more careful, Aubrey. It's glass what were you thinking?" I asked in frustration as I rinsed her hand under the water. 

"I said I'm sorry." she groaned as I grabbed the first aid kit. She hoisted herself up on the counter while I stood between her legs, pouring some antiseptic on a cotton pad. "No, don't use that! It'll sting, please we just rinsed it," she whined trying to pull her hand away from me. 

"Aubrey, you won't even feel it, I promise." I looked her dead in the eyes. She will feel it a little but it has to be cleaned properly. 

"You're lying. It always stings, it has to sting there's no way it won't because I've done it before and- ow!" she hissed as I pressed the cotton pad on the cut lightly. 

"Don't pay attention to it. Keep talking to me." I grabbed her chin, making her look at me, diverting her attention from the cut. "You were saying," I prompted. 

"I was saying that I've done it to people before and I've had it done before and I know that it stings so please don't do it but that's no use now since you already did." she huffed. 

"It didn't hurt that bad, come on, don't be a baby," I said to keep her talking so I could bandage the wound. 

"Don't be a baby? Are you kidding me? You try having it burn so-" I cut her off. 

"All done. See, you barely felt it. Just the first touch." I shrugged before throwing the cotton pad away and putting the first aid kit away. "It should be fine in a couple of days," I informed her while helping her get down since she couldn't place both palms on the counter. She looked at me suspiciously. 

"I'm hoping you knew how to deal with that because your mom's a nurse." she narrowed her eyes, making me laugh. 

"That's right. I don't get in that kind of trouble." I shook my head before we stared down at the glass still on the floor. "I'll clean it," I announced before grabbing a broom from the closet behind the stairs and scooping up the glass, throwing it in the trash. 

"If you used this you wouldn't end up in bandages." I gave her a pointed look while placing the broom back. 

"If you didn't startle me, I wouldn't end up in bandages." she lied. I did not startle her, I couldn't have. 

"Sure love, whatever floats your boat." I laughed before turning back to her to see her staring at her bandage. 

"I-I'm sorry." she stuttered. "You had to clean it," she added awkwardly. 

"That's not what you should be sorry for. Apologize for hurting yourself." I folded my arms across my chest, leaning on the closet. She opened her mouth to argue but stopped when I gave her the look. 

"I'm sorry for hurting myself." she paused. "Why does it bother you though? I don't get it?" her eyebrows knitted together, morphing her adorable confused look. 

"It hurts me to see you hurt. So you're apologizing for the hurt I feel. Okay?" I arched an eyebrow at her while she nodded, hiding a blush. 

"Uh-huh. Okay," she spoke in confusion before looking at the couch. "We should let them sleep." she spoke quietly while looking at Violet and Ace that cuddled together on the couch. 

"You just cut your hand and- you know what, never mind. Yeah, let's them sleep. Let's go." I picked her up, bridal style, and carried her up to the room. She didn't protest, just blushed quietly. 

I took her up to the guest room and lay her down on the bed. "I could've walked myself but thanks." she shyly brushed a strand of hair away from her face.