Don't Go

Chapter 47: (Aubrey's POV)- Don't go

"Aubrey," Xavier whispered while his arm rested around my waist. "Aubrey, wake up," he whispered before kissing my cheek repeatedly. 

"No," I groaned before whining and stuffing my face in the pillow. 

"Aubrey, your dad is gonna murder me," he laughed slightly before kissing my neck. I huffed and opened my eyes before turning to face him and pushing him off the bed, literally. "I love you too!" he exclaimed, his head popping up in my view with his bed hair and bubbly, baby smile. I laughed into the pillow before looking up at the ceiling and sighing and then lying on my stomach, hovering on the edge of the bed to get a look at him while he lay on the floor. 

"I'm awake. Wide awake." I smiled down at him before he grabbed my arm and pulled me down. "Ow! That hurt!" I smacked his cheek before we began play fighting until my phone rang. I answered and as expected, it was my dad. "I'm leaving right now, dad." I lied as I answered the phone, not even waiting for his hello or saying it myself. 

"We need to talk," he said before telling me to hurry up and then hanging up. That didn't fail to dampen my mood but of course, Xavier's face was there to brighten it up. I smiled at him before standing up and going to the bathroom where I freshened up as he watched me. 

I finished washing my face after brushing my teeth and stepped out of the bathroom to grab my clothes only for him to grab my arm and pull me against his chest, crashing my lips over his. That lasted for a moment before I gently pulled away and grabbed my clothes before smiling at him and closing the door to change. 

Once I changed, I grabbed my stuff and packed it all up. After that, we went downstairs where I skipped breakfast and left his house. I was walking to my bike when he called my name, making me turn back around to face him. 

"Come here," he asked and I listened because I'm a good girlfriend. I walked over to him and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. "Be back soon, please?" he pleaded, still not pulling away. I pulled away enough to look at him. 

"I'm not leaving forever, at most, just for today and maybe tomorrow." I laughed slightly. 

"Don't go," he whined while my hand rested on his shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his neck before pulling him in for a kiss that lasted a moment before I had to pull away and say bye. I dreadfully got home and left my bike in the garage before grabbing my things and heading inside. 

"I'm home!" I announced and almost immediately, my dad appeared from his room with a disapproving look on his face. 

"Sit down, will you? I'll call your mom," he said before heading back inside to call my mom out. What the hell is going on? I set my bag down on the floor and went and sat down on the dining table. 

Soon enough, they both came out and sat on the seats opposite mine. I sighed before resting my hands in my lap, twiddling my thumbs. "Aubrey," they began simultaneously. My dad let my mom start, 

"There are some things we need to discuss and we don't think you're going to like them but as your parents, it's our job," she stated. What the- 

"We have some concerns and issues with the boy that you've been seeing, Xavier Parker." my dad cut in.

"Okay," I began slowly, "So, let's just clear them up, and then we'll all be good to go," I suggested. 

"See that's the problem. We don't just want these to be cleared up. We want you to stop seeing him." my dad spoke. Well, my idea was shut down fast, so obviously they had this planned.