Summer Love

Chapter 44: (Aubrey's POV)- Summer Love

"Penny for your thoughts?" he asked while I played with the collar of his shirt while lying on top of him.

"I want to tell you something, but you have to promise me you won't get mad." I began while avoiding his gaze. I wanted to tell him that Peter was at my house. I wanted to tell him that I had a confrontation with him and he wasn't willing to admit to his mistakes but I was scared he was going to get mad at me for not telling him earlier.

"I can't promise you that, what is it?" he asked with concern.

"I saw Peter today, he was sitting at my porch when I went to my house." I finally spit it out.

"And why didn't you tell me this earlier?" he questioned calmly while playing with my braid. I think he already knew the answer.

"I didn't want you to be in a bad mood for tonight. It was our date and I didn't want to get you angry and ruin your mood." I explained while staring at his collar, still avoiding eye contact.

"I would've kept it mind, not act angry with you." he grabbed my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine.

"Really? You would've been in a pissy mood for the rest of the night, you wouldn't have danced in the rain, I can bet on that." I scoffed.

"No, but I could've been out punching his annoying little face," he spoke casually. I looked up at him to see him staring at me.

"I wouldn't want that. It would get you in trouble." I pouted slightly while resting my chin on the back of my hand which rested on his chest.

"So?" he questioned.

"What do you mean so? Why would I want you in trouble because of me?" I asked my brows furrowing slightly.

"Because it would get him to stay away from you." he flicked my earring slightly.

"And it would land you in trouble with the cops, again." I huffed while giving him a pointed look.

"That was fun though, I have to admit it." he snickered while playing with my fingers.

"What was fun? Landing yourself on house arrest with an ankle monitor?" I deadpanned.

"Breaking into the school and doing something that gave me an adrenaline rush." he smiled slightly.

"And you just have to break the law to get an adrenaline rush?" I asked with slightly pleading eyes because I knew that wasn't his first time breaking the law and it certainly wouldn't be his last.

"That's who I am, Aubrey. Take it or leave it am I right?" he looked into my eyes.

"Well, I'm certainly not leaving it. I guess I have to take it then." I sighed making him stifle a laugh.

"Live a little, Aubrey. Do something adventurous sometimes. Maybe you'll like it." he shrugged.

"I think you can find adventure without breaking the law and don't take this the wrong way but- you don't have to break the law for adventure. Going on road trips, hanging out with friends, pranking people, sleepovers, camping in places and a lot more. And yeah, not all these things are in everyone's comfort zones I mean, do I look like someone who can camp? But the truth is, when you do it and are in the moment, it's a thrill with the right people." I spoke softly.

"I broke in by myself, not with the wrong crowd. I do it all myself, Aubrey." he sighed. There's more to it, there has to be. No one goes around breaking the law for fun.

"Why?" I questioned softly, not wanting to push if he didn't want to talk about it any further.

"I wanted to try and get my dad home. I knew he'd get extremely mad but I thought he'd stay a little longer even though he was here for the divorce and I could finally get a chance to spend some time with him, to make him believe I'm not a disappointment, it didn't exactly work." he scoffed coldly.