Chapter Four: This Was Real

Now we were on to the big moment. The Troy and Gabriella auditions. Who your leads are set the tone for the rest of the cast, so choosing the leads is important.

"Ok, our last Troy," Miss Jenn announced as EJ got up to audition, "Ooh, and he comes with props. Love it." EJ threw the basketball and caught it again, while pointing at her and flashing her a charming smile.

"Could you be any more ridiculous?" Ashlyn whispered. "I swear, my cousin is...something else." I looked at her.

"EJ's your cousin?" I asked. She nodded.

"Whenever you're ready." Miss Jenn announced. "Ok, so what do I need to know?"

"EJ Caswell. Most Instagram followers, wakes up looking like that, doesn't know I exist." Carlos reported. That makes two of us.

"I hope he can carry a tune." They looked back at him and Seb began playing.

"This could be the start, of something new. It feels so right, to be here with you, oh. And now looking in your eyes, I feel in my heart, the start of something new."

As if he couldn't get more amazing?! He can sing too!? I smiled widley, hiding it behind my hand.

"Well excuse me, Army Hammer just called, he wants his jawline back." I furrowed my eyebrows at the weird comment, and so did EJ. "We're moving on to the Gabriellas."

~~~

Gina got up and sang and she was phenomenal at that too, unsurprisingly. She was giving Nini a run for her money, but...I couldn't help but root for Nini. She's so sweet, and in my opinion way more talented than ensamble.

EJ went back stage while Gina sang to probably give Nini a Peptalk, and then came back to sit beside Ashlyn as Nini took the stage.

"Ok, Nini, whenever you're ready." Before she could start however, there was a loud bang in the back of the auditorium.

"Am I too late?! Am I too late?!" My eyes widened in shock as Ricky ran onto the stage with a guitar case in his hand. Ricky has never auditioned for a musical in his life. To be fair, neither have I but...can he even sing?

"We're all set on Troys, we're low on Chads. You can read after the Gabriellas." I glanced at EJ, who was rolling his eyes.

"I only studyed the Troy scenes, from the movie."

"Troy would've arrived on time." Carlos said. I stuck up my hand, causing him to look at me.

"Actually, um...I appreciate the thought of that but Troy was actually late to both auditions in High School Musical." Everyone looked at me. "What? I'm just saying."

"Ok, Nini? Lets try this again."

"You got this Babe, woo!" EJ shouted, just as Miss Jenn picked up her coffee. It scared her and she jumped, dumping coffee all over the light board and causing the power to go out in the auditorium. 

"Nobody Panic!" Miss Jenn said. "Nini, lets wait for the lights to come back on, I don't want this to throw you."

"I'm not thrown." Nini said. "Living in my own world. Didn't understand. That anything can happen...when you take a chance." Ricky turned on his phone flashlight, standing in front of Nini and shining it on her. I stood up, running over to Seb and doing the same, shining mine on his music so that he could see it to play.  "I never beleived in, what I couldn't see."