X

"Daddy!" Micah exclaimed as he watched his father pull up in his grandmother's driveway.

It's been a long week for Heather and Chance was finally getting Micah for a weekend. Micah was pretty excited considering the fact that he hasn't seen his father in three months.

"Here, baby. Let's put on your backpack." Heather said. Micah allowed Heather to put his backpack on his back as he watched Chance approach them.

"Sup, little man?" Chance greeted, completely ignoring Heather.

"Hey, daddy!" Micah said with a big smile.

"Can mommy get a hug before you go?" Heather asked Micah who gladly hugged his mother's neck. "I love you."

"Love you!" Micah replied, giving her a kiss.

Heather watched as Chance guided their son to the car. He helped the toddler inside and got in himself after securing Micah in the car seat. Heather sighed deeply as she watched them pull out of the driveway. It was only for a couple of days, but she knew she was going to miss him dearly.

Heather stepped inside of the house and joined her grandmother in the living room. "What time is that young man coming to pick you up?" Dear asked as she watched a rerun of Wheel of Fortune.

"He should be here soon." Heather replied with a small smile.

Amaru was picking Heather up for dinner and a movie, then the next day they were going to be joined by Mya to go apartment shopping. Killian asked to be with Big Mama for the weekend because he missed her so bad.

"I like him. He's handsome, takes care of his son, and very well mannered." Dear commented. "I wouldn't be surprised if y'all ended up being a couple in a few weeks."

"Dear, I'm trying to take this slow." Heather whined.

"I know—that's why I said a few weeks." Dear said, making Heather laughed.

"Let me go freshen up before he gets here."

-

Amaru knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. He held two daisies in his hand to give to Heather. They were slowly going out of season, so he was very lucky to get those from the local flower shop.

Heather opened the door and they both eyed each other. Amaru wore a black and white striped shirt with a black jacket over it, black jeans, and a pair of white forces. Heather wore a red off the shoulder top with ripped jeans that hugged her curves nicely and a pair of red heels. She wore her natural curly hair, which was currently in a sleek ponytail with a side part.

"Why do you get more beautiful every time I see you?" Amaru asked.

Heather blushed. "Thank you."

"These are for you. I came to the realization that they're your favorite." Amaru said as he gave her the two daises.

Heather gasped. She was in disbelief. "How'd you know?"

"I peeped your bracelet and necklace. I also noticed your tattoo—which so happens to be near my favorite part of your body." Amaru replied with a smirk, making Heather turn red. She had a small tattoo of a daisy right in between her breasts. She got it when she was seventeen and her best friend at the time told her to get it there.

"We should head out before my mama and grandma come out here to be nosey." Heather told him.

Amaru laughed and escorted her to the car once she locked the door. He opened the door for her and made sure she was comfortable before going to the driver's side and getting in himself.