XXXVI

Killian screamed as he threw his helmet to the ground once he got out of the car. After an eight week season, Killian and his team went to the championship and they lost by one point. Killian was very upset by this because he hated losing.

"Killian, pick your helmet up." Amaru told him as he got eight month old Jaxon out of the car.

"No!" Killian retorted. "I don't want to play ever again!"

"Uh-oh." Heather said.

Amaru took a deep breath. "Gentle parent. He just turned seven and doesn't fully understand how to control his emotions." He said to himself before turning to Heather. "You wanna take them into the house while I talk to him?"

Heather grabbed the car seat and diaper bag as she gave Amaru a warning look. "C'mon, Micah." She said while walking towards the house.

"Little man, what'd I tell you when it comes to playing sports?" Amaru asked.

"You'll take Ws and you'll take Ls." Killian answered as he began to cry. "That was the championship game, daddy."

"I know it's hard, man." Amaru said, hugging him. "Y'all fought hard and never gave up. You're a winner no matter what and I'm proud of you. Fall is around the corner—you're gonna get another chance, man."

Killian nodded and wiped his tears. "I'm sorry for getting upset."

"It's okay to get upset, son. We just gotta work on self control." Amaru told him. "Pick up your helmet and let's go inside to get some rest."

Killian did as told and Amaru made sure the car was locked before following behind him.

-

"Mommy, are you okay?" Killian asked as Heather looked around the living room.

"I—I smell something bad and I'm trying to figure out where it's coming from." Heather replied. "You don't smell that?"

Killian shrugged. "I don't smell anything."

Heather sighed as she looked at Killian. "Something is not right." Killian looked over at Micah who just shrugged.

Amaru walked into the house with a new suitcase in tow. He was getting ready to fly out to Oakland, California for a week long convention then he was going Dallas, Texas for three days for a convention there. Due to his suitcase being damaged when they went to New York for Killian's 7th birthday, the airlines gifted him with a new one.

"Daddy, mommy's nose is going crazy." Killian told Amaru.

Amaru looked at Heather oddly. "What's wrong with your nose?"

"You don't smell that?" Heather asked.

"Smell what?" Amaru said as he sniffed the air. "The air freshener?"

"Is it expired? It smells rotten." Heather said.

Amaru laughed. "Air freshener doesn't expire that fast, mamas."

"What is it?!" Heather exclaimed.

"I'm gonna buy you a pregnancy test, aight?" Amaru whispered in her ear.

Heather gasped. "No! You think so?"

Amaru nodded. "Yeah, baby. I think so." He said, kissing her forehead. "Now I really gotta grind during these conventions. I'll be back with the tests, okay?"

"Okay." Heather said with a sigh. "I never imagined possibly having babies back to back."

Amaru chuckled. "I know it, mamas. I'll be back." Heather nodded and watched Amaru walk out of the door before sitting on the couch next to Killian.