XLI

"This you, dad?" Killian asked as he got in the brand new Escalade that Amaru got straight off the lot.

Amaru chuckled as he pulled off from the school. He realized his son has been hanging around Shakur and Arman a bit too much. "This is ours, little man." Amaru replied.

"I like it." Killian said.

"Good because we'll be riding in this more than the jeeps once the baby gets here." Amaru told him.

"Does mommy like it?" Killian asked.

"We'll see once we get home." Amaru said.

Before the new school year started, Heather and Amaru agreed to have Heather take a break from teaching for a couple of years. She will go back once Jaxon and the new baby are verbal and potty trained. They are good financially—especially with the money Heather has been saving for emergencies.

Amaru picked up Micah from daycare who had a good day and they went straight home. Amaru beeped the horn as they pulled up in the driveway. Shortly after, Heather walked outside with almost eleven month old Jaxon on her hip. He was able to walk now, but he was moving a bit slow for Heather who was ready to see the car.

"Look, papa. We got the new car." Heather said to Jaxon.

"You like it, mamas?" Amaru asked as he helped Killian and Micah out of the car.

"I love it!" Heather said as she opened the passenger door. "It's so bougie—like us!"

Amaru laughed. "Hell yeah."

"Daddy, that's not good language." Killian said as he took Jaxon from Heather.

"Sorry, son." Amaru replied. "Do me a favor and take your brothers inside while I talk to your mama."

"I have some food on the table from Big Mama's house." Heather told them, making them move faster to the house.

"I got something for you." Amaru said as he went to the trunk of the car. He opened the trunk and motioned Heather to walk over. "Is it too early for a push present?"

Heather gasped when she saw the deep freezer in the trunk. They already had one, but Heather mentioned that she wanted another for her breast milk.

"Oh my gosh! Amaru, this is what I needed!" She said. "Thank you so much! I love you!"

Amaru kissed her lips. "I love you too, mamas."

Heather squealed. "Let me get my phone so I can call Mya and Nova!"

Amaru laughed and shook his head. He loved putting a smile on Heather's face and getting excitement from her.

-

"Today is the day, baby." Heather said excitedly.

With the force of Mya, Heather and Amaru decided to do a gender reveal. Everyone was praying for a baby girl—except Micah who wanted another little brother. The only people who knew the gender were Mya and Arman and they planned everything out. The boys were currently at Mya's house because they were apart of the reveal.

Amaru chuckled. "You ready, huh?"

"Yes! I'm so excited!" Heather exclaimed. "I didn't have a reveal with Micah and Killian told us about Jax so this is special to me."

"I'm already knowing, baby." Amaru said as he kissed her lips. "You ready?" Heather smiled and nodded.

The two of them exited the house and took the short drive to Mya and Shakur's house. They walked in and were greeted with kisses and hugs from everyone. Heather noticed that Arman was not there and fell into a sour mood almost immediately.