VI

Let me know if y'all can see the old pictures above because when I'm editing or viewing as reader, they're not there but when I click on the comments in my notifications, they come up 🤨 so just let me know if y'all can see the old pictures or not because this is confusing 😂 I deleted them so they shouldn't be up there at all.

-

It's been a couple of months since the break up and Heather was doing much better. She's still staying with her mother and grandmother, but recently started shopping for an apartment or a townhouse. She was hoping that she was able to find something before the holidays.

Heather and Chance's coparenting skills were not doing so well. Every time Heather would offer to drop Micah off to spend time with Chance, he would come up with some kind of excuse and that would cause for Heather to curse him out. Micah has not been in the presence of his father since the night Heather caught him cheating. The thought of it would always piss Heather off.

Currently, Heather was on her way to meet Mya at Amaru's tattoo shop. She and Chance had matching Roman numerals on the inside of their upper arms and she wanted to get that covered. She has no intentions on getting back together with him.

Once Heather reached the shop, she got out of the car and walked in. She was greeted by loud talking and laughter from Amaru, Mya, and Arman.

"Hey y'all." Heather said as she walked closer to them.

"Hey, babe. You look cute." Mya complimented.

Due to it being fall and the weather was slowly but surely changing, Heather sported an orange sweatsuit with brown uggs. What she wore was simple, but she wore it well.

"Thanks, you look cute too." Heather replied. She turned her attention to Amaru who shamelessly eyed her up and down. Heather was very aware of him being attracted to her and she thought he was good looking as well, but getting involved with another man was far from her mind at the moment. "Hi, Amaru and Arman."

"Hey, H." Arman said with the nickname he had given her.

Amaru licked his lips and smiled. "What's up? You ready to get your cover up?"

Heather smiled back and nodded. "More than ready."

"I got everything ready. Just take your jacket off." Amaru told her. Heather did as told and placed her things on a nearby counter. She walked over to Amaru and he placed the stencil on her first before proceeding. "Look in the mirror and see how you like that placement."

Heather looked in the full body mirror and nodded. It was Micah's name spelled out in building blocks. "Yeah, that's good."

Amaru instructed her on what position she needed to be in in order for him to tattoo her and she did just that. Amaru began to work on the tattoo, allowing Heather to take thirty second breaks in between if she needed to.

"This shit is gonna take forever. He didn't even get the outline of the first block done and she already taking breaks." Arman teased.

Mya laughed. "Boy, shut up."

-

"So, you really don't want me to pay?" Heather asked as Amaru wrapped her tattoo.

Amaru chuckled. "I told you it's free, Heather."

Heather pouted. "I have to pay you something."

"Think of this as me paying you back for dealing with Kill and his craziness." Amaru said.

Heather smiled. "I guess." She replied. "But I love it. Thank you so much."

"Not a problem, beautiful." He said, making her blush a little. "Make sure you follow my instructions on how to care for it, aight?"

"I will." Heather said.

Amaru's phone began to ring on the stand next to him, distracting him a bit. He quickly answered it when he saw it was Killian calling from his iPad. "What's up, Kill?"

"Daddy, I thought you said you were gonna spend lunch time with me." Killian fussed.

"I am. I'm about to be on my way soon." Amaru replied.

"Big Mama said if you're not here in the next thirty minutes then she's gonna feed me." Killian said.

Amaru sucked his teeth. "Aight, I'll be there soon."

"Hey!" Killian exclaimed. "I know that arm from anywhere! Ms. McDaniel, is that you?!"

Heather stuck her head in Killian's view so he could see her. "Hi, Killian."

Killian gasped. "Big Mama, look! Daddy drew a tattoo on my teacher!"

"Tell ya daddy I said to come on and so he can feed you! Got you over here starving!" Big Mama said in the background.

"Look, I'm coming. I'll be over there soon, okay?" Amaru said once again.

"Okay, daddy. Can Ms. McDaniel come with us?" Killian asked, making Amaru suck his teeth and Heather laugh.

"I can't this time, but I'll see you Monday." Heather told him.

Killian sighed. "Okay, I'll see you Monday. I'll see you soon, daddy."

"Aight, son." With that, Killian hung up the phone. "That boy something else." Amaru said, shaking his head.

"Yes he is." Heather laughed. "There is never a dull moment around him."

Amaru chuckled. "At all." He finished wrapping the tattoo up with plastic wrap and tore it off. "You're all done."

"Thank you." Heather smiled.

"Not a problem. I'll see you around, aight?" He told her.

Heather blushed. "Okay."

"So these niggas just gon' flirt right in front of us?" Arman teased as he and Mya shared a bag of popcorn.

"Shit, I guess." Mya replied.

-

Heather walked into the house and was greeted by the smell of food. She walked into the kitchen and smiled at her mother who was standing at the stove.

"Hey, baby. Let me see your tattoo." Cynthia said as she placed the last piece of chicken in the grease. Heather walked over to her mother and showed her the tattoo. "Oh, that's lovely. You said Mya's brother in law did that?"

"Yes ma'am. He did it for free." Heather replied.

"Oh—that man wants you." Cynthia remarked.

Heather pouted. "Mommy, stop it."

"What? He do. Go ahead and give him a chance." Cynthia teased. "Or let him take your mind away from the breakup—if you know what I mean."

Heather laughed. "No, mama."

"What? There's nothing wrong with having a little fun. That's how me and your daddy started—God rest his soul. Who knew my one nightstand would end up being the love of my life?" Cynthia explained.

"You are a mess." Heather continued to laugh. "It's not the fact that I'm hurting because I mentally checked out of the relationship a long time ago. I'm just mad that he didn't have the decency to tell me that he wanted someone else. Like I had to catch you in bed with another woman and our son was in the other room? You weren't man enough to tell me that you wanted to fuck with other people—excuse my language."

Cynthia nodded. "I understand what you're saying, babydoll. I do." She said. "You know, it's been awhile since you've been out. The only thing you do is work and take care of Micah. You deserve a night out. It's Saturday and you should let loose. Call Mya and go out with her."

"Mama, I don't—"

"That wasn't a question, Heather. Do what I tell you." Cynthia told her. "Right now."

Heather laughed. "Okay, mama."

-
-
-
-
-