XLIII

Jaxon cried as Dear took him from Amaru out of the water. Everyone was in Gatlinburg for the weekend for his first birthday and he was throwing his fifth temper tantrum of the day. They were currently at the indoor water park and Jaxon did not want to get out of water.

"Boy, you better hush." Dear said as she wrapped his towel around him. "Ya mama and daddy made these water babies and don't know what to do with them."

"Not too much, Dear." Heather teased.

"You better hope that little girl in there is calm and won't get rowdy like these boys." Dear continued. "Look at him—still crying."

Heather laughed. "Come here, mommy's baby." She said as she took Jaxon from Dear. "She's talking about my baby, huh?"

Jaxon laid his head on Heather's chest as he continued to cry. "Spoiled." Dear scoffed.

After they gathered everyone, they all went back to the cabin. Amaru rented the Sycamore Mansion for everyone to stay in and it had more than enough room for them due to the cabin being made for up to forty four people.

"Man, hell nah!" Arman said as he threw the pool stick down. "Who taught you how to play pool?"

"My papa." Alia said as she stuck another ten dollar bill in her pocket.

"That's right, baby girl." Donte chimed in.

Once everyone was washed up and settled, they scattered all over the cabin while Heather, Mya, and October got dinner ready. Dinner for night one consisted of barbecue ribs, fried chicken, mac and cheese, greens, baked beans, potato salad, and cornbread—for Killian of course.

"Aight Lia, we don't need you taking all of cousin's money. Time for the men to play." Zachariah told her.

"Y'all just gonna break his pockets even more." Alia teased.

"Okay, we gotta fight at this point." Arman said as he playfully squared up with her.

Alia rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm going upstairs. Bye, men!" She said before making her way upstairs.

"Zach, I got beef with your oldest daughter." Arman told him.

Zachariah chuckled. "Don't let her younger siblings hear you say that. They'll jump you—especially Ali."

"His sneaky ass." Shakur mumbled. "Mya swears he can't do any wrong. I got beef with him for real."

"Don't worry, man. October is the same way when it comes to Ali. I catch hell for disciplining him." Zachariah replied.

Amaru walked down the stairs with a box filled with liquor. "No kids are down here, right?" He asked.

"Nope, let's drink!" Donte exclaimed.

-

"You're still drunk?" Heather giggled as Amaru kissed her neck.

After dinner, they sung happy birthday and had cake. They spent time playing a few games with the kids until they all crashed. Now all of the couples were sitting in the living room enjoying some late night snacks.

"Just a little bit, mamas." Amaru told her.

"So you can consent?" Heather whispered, making Amaru smile.

"Nope! I can tell by Amaru's smile y'all are about to sneak off!" Mya said. "Let's play a game."

"There's a game that I wanna play with my wife but you blocking!" Amaru said, making everyone laugh.

"Boy, shut up!" Mya shouted. "Let's play how well do we know our spouses. I bought white boards and I already have the questions because I been had this game planned since the wedding, but we didn't get the chance to play."