XXVI

Heather laughed as she watched Arman, Killian, and Micah attempt to do a TikTok. It was Heather's 25th birthday and they were currently waiting for Amaru to pick them up.

Amaru planned a dinner at Ruth Chris, which Heather was a bit upset about because he already spent so much money in Miami last week. Of course she got fussed at and Amaru assured her that everything was fine.

Amaru had a spa day planned out for Heather. She got her hair, nails, and feet done then received a massage and facial. She also got a wax and her eyebrows threaded. Arman and Nova had the boys until it was time to get ready for the dinner, however, Arman remained at the house to help the boys get ready.

Heather wore a brown long sleeve satin form fitting dress that stopped just above the knee that Amaru picked out along with brown strappy heels. She wore natural makeup and her hair was perfectly pressed with a few added extensions. The boys wore brown button down shirts along with khaki pants and tan dunks. Amaru wanted their color scheme to be brown.

Amaru entered the townhouse with the same outfit as Killian and Micah. He smiled once he saw Heather and kissed her lips. "Happy birthday, my lady. You look so beautiful, baby."

Heather smiled back. "Thank you."

Amaru kissed her again before turning to Arman, Micah, and Killian who were watching the TikTok they made before Arman posted it. "I think this might go viral." Arman said to the boys.

Micah nodded. "Yeah, viral."

Amaru chuckled. "Y'all ready?"

"Who went to pick up Big Mama?" Killian asked as he crossed his arms.

"Uncle and auntie did." Amaru assured him.

"And what about Dear and Nanny C?" Killian continued to question.

Amaru sucked his teeth. "They good, man. C'mon before we're late."

-

"Daddy, we been here before?" Killian asked as he looked at the menu.

"Yeah, when we went to Orlando for your birthday last year." Amaru told him.

"Oh yeah. I remember that." Killian said, nodding. "I don't know why I'm looking at this menu because I can't even read that good."

Everyone at the table laughed while Amaru shook his head. "I got you, man."

"I wish I could have a drink." Mya pouted.

"You can have red wine, Mya. I told you that." Heather said as she took a sip of her mojito.

"I'm scared." Mya said.

"You'll be alright, girl. It won't harm the baby—just drink one glass." Heather assured her.

"Hell, my mama smoked crack while she was pregnant with me and I turned out alright." Arman chimed in.

Nova gasped. "Arman, don't say that out loud."

Shakur snickered as he tried to muffle his laugh, but failed which caused Amaru to laugh as well. "Y'all, stop laughing. That shit ain't funny." Big Mama fussed.

"Sorry, Big Mama." Arman said. Big Mama hated when Arman cracked jokes about his mother's drug use and that's why he rarely did it.

"What are you getting?" Heather asked Amaru as everyone began to talk amongst themselves.

"The lamb chops." Amaru replied.

"I'm getting the salmon. I wanted to try the lamb chops but I don't know how I would like it." Heather said. "Can I taste yours?"

Amaru nodded. "As long as I get to taste you later on."

"Whew, chile! I heard that!" Cynthia teased. "Y'all too grown for me!"

Heather laughed. "Stay out of grown folks business." She joked back.

After a bit, everyone had their food orders in and it didn't take too long for them to receive their food. After they ate and converse, it was time for Heather to open her gifts.

Mya gave Heather a Marc Jacobs tote bag along with her favorite perfume. Shakur bought her a Teflar bag and Arman got her a pair of low top dunks. Nova gave her a $50 gift card to Chick-fil-A because that was her go to place for lunch if she didn't pack one and also a $50 gift card to Starbucks. Big Mama, Dear, and Cynthia put their money together and bought Heather a diamond necklace, bracelet, and earrings from Tiffany and Co. The boys drew her pictures and created homemade frames for them with the help of Nova, which she found very cute.

Lastly, it was Amaru's turn. He stood up and took Heather's hand and told everyone to follow them. They all followed behind him, however, Arman and Shakur stayed behind to collect Heather's gifts and make sure the server received the payment and tips.

Heather was confused because she did not know why they were going outside. They came to a stop and Heather looked at Amaru with her eyebrows knitted together. "Amaru, what's—" She stopped when Amaru pointed to the brand new black Jeep Cherokee that was being driven by the valet. "That's mine?" Heather asked.

"That's all yours, baby." Amaru told her.

Heather screamed as well as Mya as they watched the car stop in front of them. "Amaru, why'd you do this?" Heather asked with tears in her eyes.

Amaru grabbed the keys from the valet and thanked her before turning to Heather. "Because you deserve it—and we need some more room for the new baby we're about to make." He said, kissing her lips.

All of the women hyped them up while Killian stood there confused with Micah by his side. "How do y'all make babies?" Killian asked.

"Don't worry about it, little man. Just know y'all about to have a little sibling soon." Dear told him.

"Come on, girl! Let's get in and explore!" Mya exclaimed as she power walked to the passengers door. Heather followed suit and walked as fast as she could in her heels to the drivers side.

"You know what's left, right?" Big Mama asked her son.

Amaru nodded. "Yes ma'am, I do."

"Beep beep! Who got the keys to the Jeep?!" Arman yelled as he approached them with a few of Heather's gifts in his hands. "Aye, let me hop in!"

-

"Amaru." Heather said as she laid on his chest.

"What's up, baby?" Amaru asked while holding her.

"I was thinking—your lease is up in a couple of months and I wanted to know if you and Killian wanted to move in with Micah and me." Heather said. "Y'all are always over here and it won't make sense for you to renew your lease or rush to find another house and break my lease when we all can just live together here and take time to find the perfect place."

Amaru nodded. "I agree with you. We can go ahead and make that step."

Heather looked at him and smiled. "Also, thank you so much for the perfect birthday celebration. I loved everything."

"I'm glad you did." Amaru replied as he kissed her lips. "You deserved all of that and more."

"I'll never get used to this—you know that, right?" Heather joked.

Amaru chuckled. "You better get used to it, mamas. This is how it's gonna be forever."

"Forever is a long time."

"Yeah, that's how long we're gonna be together." Amaru told her. "You know how I'm rockin'."

Heather laughed and kissed his cheek. "I already know, baby."

-
-
-
-
-