XXVI - 𝔥𝔲𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔥𝔬𝔬𝔡

INSTEAD OF THE SURPRISED LOOK LILURA WAS EXPECTING, ALARIC MERELY RAISED AN EYEBROW

"You too?" He inquired, rolling himself back onto the cott after discarding the drink.

"I guess making me - essentially - have kryptonite for a day every month isn't enough. She's got to screw with my brain too."

"How long?"

Lilura shifted on her back, laying beside Alaric and staring at the basement ceiling.
"About a solid month. At first everything was fine and then I started getting these headaches. It's like -"

"- white fire scorching your brain," Alaric stated blankly.

"Yeah."

"Blacking out is next," Alaric informed the siren. "Moments in time where you don't remember what you were doing or who you were with."

"Just like college," Lilura chortled.

"I was mostly in the library," Alaric replied, coughing, "Well then I guess it's good you're in here."

"But don't tell anyone," The enchantress said. "Not yet at least."

Alaric swung his amused gaze to her. "Especially Klaus?"

"Especially Klaus."

---- Δ ----

"An alter ego is a person's secondary or alternative personality," Judas mumbled. "Therefore they present the contrasting version of themselves."

"In Alaric's case," Bonnie paced. "His personality is a vampire hunter who doesn't necessarily hunt vampires. In fact, he drinks and laughs with them."

"So, his alter ego is a bitter vampire hating hunter with the insanity and skills to back up whatever crime he deems necessary in the destruction of the vampire race."

Bonnie followed Judas' train of thought aptly. "Lilura is a siren built upon loyalty and family, which are the two things that drive her actions. Her ability to care so much but also show so little points to her sheer control and strength in dealing with emotions. For those that fall under her matriarch wing, she loves them with all her heart, regardless of the mistakes they make."

The last observation elicited a small laugh from the boy, "Basically, my mother is a cold bïtch with a big heart. It runs in the family, B."

Bonnie ignored the nickname, but her heart did flutter at the nonchalant use of it. No one ever really cared enough to call her anything other than Bonnie (her given name) and BonBon (courtesy of Damon), so when a boy with dazzling blue eyes and the smile of a prince did, all Bonnie could do was blush and avoid his gaze.