VII - 𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔰𝔭𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔫 𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔰

[ edited ]

"LOVE, IT'S LIKE YOU'VE SEEN A GHOST," Klaus Mikaelson grinned

Lilura lowered her newspaper and tilted her head quizzically. Last night, Klaus'minions had finally found his body, and now the fair haired man was standing in front of her in the flesh. His eyes twinkled in smug amusement, which Lilura found to be massively irritating.

"You've gotten uglier," She said at last, going back to the newspaper in her hand. "Got a few too many wrinkles, yeah?"

Lies. Lies. Lies.

He looked even better than Lilura remembered.

Klaus didn't falter, "I suppose that's your type."

"What, silver foxes? Hate to break it to you but you're no George Clooney, Klaus."

"It's a lovely day, isn't it?" He reclined on the bench, ignoring her remark. "Look at us, just like old times."

Lilura raised a skeptical eyebrow.

"Watching the world spin and crumble from somewhere high above."

Lilura folded the paper and faced Klaus.

What he said was true, literally, as the couple were situated on a lone bench in the Mystic Fall's park, elevated by a hill. From their seats, they could see almost everything. The public park was full of life. The trees extended their lovely shade for people that rested underneath them, and the birds sung merrily. A group of three children squealed in delight as they ran after another, engaging in an intense game of freeze tag. Lilura shifted in her seat as her eyes met Klaus'.

Lilura shifted in her seat as her eyes met Klaus'. "What are you doing? You don't make small talk."

"On the contrary, my starlight, I do small talk quite a lot. I've done it for hours on end, like your birthday party in 1475. Can you believe it's been centuries since that night?" He was gazing at the sky, squinting at the sun.

"It's been a long long time," Lilura replied.

"Yes, precisely." His blue eyes suddenly bored into Lilura's, "And time changes people."

He stood up and dusted his pants, "So it is in your best interests to do as I say. I'm afraid I won't be so forgiving of your next betrayal."

Lilura seethed, "Betrayal? I —"

That familiar feeling of a lump in the back of her throat halted the siren. Her mind flew back to the promise she made with the Original Witch, and Lilura sighed instead of carrying on.