XVI - 𝔥𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔭𝔱.2

(edited)

"YOU HAVE A VISITOR

"YOU HAVE A VISITOR."

Klaus eyed the cup and flexed his fingers. "Well, tell my visitor I'm on the brink of victory here."

Mindy, the hybrid, seemed uncharacteristically nervous, "He said his name is Mikael."

Klaus took his shot, ping pong bouncing off the beer pong table. He pouted, "Then we mustn't keep him waiting. Move everyone out back. I'm gonna have a little chat with my dad. Tony, you know what to do," He stopped in his tracks. "Where's Li?"

No one answered.

Suddenly, with a sense of great foreboding, the Original Hybrid power walked and yanked open the door to look for Lilura.

"I'll be back in a Jiffy," She had said.

Klaus realized too late what that meant. Someone could have snatched her in the darkness of the night, where Klaus had no control of her saftey. He cursed, hoping her lack of anger management skills would kill whoever tried to kidnap her.

Klaus pulled the Lockwood mansion door open, hoping to see the Siren. However, instead of Lilura's lovely face, a nightmare greeted him.

"Hello, Niklaus."

Mikael had always been a foul sort of man, and Klaus meant that wholeheartedly with the least bit of prejudice.

You see, Mikael was the kind of baleful creature used to scare children to sleep. He was the man that hid behind shadows, never too far away but never too close.

The Black Plague, Klaus mused. How fitting.

That wasn't to omit the fact he also preyed on the weak- including Niklaus and his mother, but the Hybrid wasn't so ready to talk about that.

Despite his fear, Klaus grinned and extended his arms in welcome, as if to beckon an old friend in for a hug. "Hello, Mikael. Why don't you come in? Oh, that's right. I forgot you can't."

Mikael wasn't amused. "Or you can come outside if you want."

"Or I could watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb."

"They can't kill me," said Mikael, sweeping his gaze to all the Hybrids.

"True," Klaus shrugged, "But it'll make a hell of a party game. All I have to do is rub these two fingers together and they'll pounce."