Toxic

"-"

Jea -

"Kai, I'm on the targets tail. They're running towards the bar." The vampire grinned, changing into his bar attire and going in for his shift.

He cleans the glasses, looking at the patrons as they sit at the bar. Jae grinned, looking at the blood pumping through their veins. Kai sat at the bar and gave the vampire a wink, moving his jacket to the side to show off his new dagger. His fun was short-lived, the targets coming in shortly after.

A werewolf took the last open seat and ordered a drink before glancing at the vampire. Jae gave a fake smile before making his drink, coating the lemons with the drugs and putting it in the drink. The bar was known for their sugary lemon cocktails and Jae made sure it stayed that way. Kai got up to speak with the vampire before the two went into the back.

Jae was nervous when Kai didn't return. A dragon overpowered a werewolf, so he knew he wasn't dead. He waited until he couldn't bear it and made his way to the back. His patrons groaned when he did so and he locked the door behind him.

"What did you do to me? Drug me? What do you want?" The werewolf had his talons wrapped around Kai's throat, blood dripping down the dragon's legs.

"You know what's going on with the toxin going around, that's why the hits on your head." Kai grinned, his eyes golden with bloodlust.

Jae knew that Kai was watching him as he came up behind the vampire. His daggers coming up around the werewolf's neck. He flinched when the werewolf growled, turning around and picked up the vampire in his other hand.

"So you drugged me hmm? You going to suck my blood too?" The vampire gagged and tried to bite at his hand.

"It's sad that whoever put you up to this thought that you couldn't handle me Kai. Bringing in a newbie too? How pitiful." The werewolf dropped the two to the ground before walking away.

Jae looked over at Kai and offered him a hand, which he gratefully took. His leg was already healed and the bruising fading from his neck. He nearly burned Jae when he took his hand, his body burning up.

"You need to go home, you're burning up. Your dragon needs to be let out."

Kai bid Jae farewell and he went back, only a few minutes passing since he left. He went back to work, wondering how the werewolf was that strong. His shift ended later than normal due to the influx of customers later that evening. The vampire grimaced as group of demons took the back corner.

"I'll cover that table. You run on home now." The owner came in and gave Jae a smile before taking their orders.

Jae ran home, quickly showering and getting ready to meet with a late dinner with his mom. She had called him, the message urgent. Her office door was shut as per usual and Jae knocked hearing his mom. He brushed down his shirt and opened the door.

Jae hugged his mother, taking a seat across from her as the drinks came in from her restaurant. He grinned and thanked the chef. Her color had faded and her eyes had become sunken in. His foot was nudged by something and he jerked it back.

"I got the toxin a few days ago. I've got my best people high up working on a cure," she pauses, coughing blood into a cloth, "I got a new bodyguard since the other one allowed me to be poisoned."

A wet snout nudged Jae and he laughed, giving the dog a pat on the head. It came towards him, resting its head in-between his thighs. His mom smiled as Jae helped the dog get partially into his lap. The two drank in silence, a heavy fog weighing over them.

"This isn't a normal dog, is it mom?" She stopped drinking and looked to the side.

"He's a werewolf. Their family is known for their abilities. Shift Niksic." The dog jumped down and shifted into the werewolf Jae had tried to poison.

His wolf receded and Niksic growled at him. Jae flashed his fangs at the werewolf and his mom shook her head. She got up, grabbing her cane from beside her chair. Niksic flew to her side, helping her over to Jae.

"Well I wasn't truthfully honest Jae. I've already been poisoned, and that means that you're the next target as my successor, so Niksic will be your bodyguard." The two looked at each other, growling and Jae's mom laughed.

"No dog is watching me. I can take care of myself." Niksic laughed, grabbing his neck.

"I took you down earlier, if I can, the people that poisoned your mom can as well. Deal with it twinkle toes." The wolf released his hand and the vampire glared at him.

"I'll take the dog, fine. Please rest up mom." Jae hugged his mom before glaring at the dog and leaving.

"So what do you do? Follow me around all day?" Jae looked back at Niksic and the wolf grinned, not saying anything.

The wolf followed the vampire, watching the leering eyes as they walked down the street. As they near a busy area, he wraps his arm around the vampire and pulls him close. Jae grumbles and leads the two back to his home. Niksic growls as Jae puts in the key to the apartment complex.

"Down boy." He laughs and the wolf grumbles as the two walk upstairs.

"I don't use the bed, you can take it." Jae mumbled, throwing his keys on the counter as he grabs a shirt to change into.

Once he walks out, he smiles as the wolf cooks himself a meal. With the number of meals Jae brings to his apartment, he often has a small amount of human food avaliable. He takes a seat at the counter and watches him cook. Niksic sits beside him and begins to eat a late night snack.

"So you're not a full-blooded werewolf are you?" Niksic looks at the vampire and goes back to eating.

"You're not a full-blooded vampire are you?" Jae looks at the wolf with a confused expression and goes to the fridge to get a blood bag.

"You dog! You got blood all over the fridge! This was my emergency stash since you were supposed to be my meal today." The vampire snarls, his fangs extending.

Niksic rolls his eyes and continues to eat his food. Jae puts on a mask before cleaning out the fridge, knowing he had to go out to eat. After cleaning up, the dog came by his side and washed his dish. The two cleaned up silently.

"We have two choices," the vampire pauses as he tries to retract his fangs, "either you let me go get a fresh meal, or you're my meal."

The wolf gets up and walks towards the door. Niksic stands by the door and waits for the vampire. Jae grins and walks up to the dog. His hand reached up to open the door was grabbed by Niksic and he was pinned to the door.

"You think I'm stupid enough to let you go outside alone, that isn't happening." The wolf reaches up and slices open his neck.

Jae glared, not wanting to drink lycan blood. He gripped onto his neck and pulled him close, trying to gulp down his blood. Niksic held him close, his body replenishing his blood simultaneously. The vampire glared when he couldn't get enough blood.

"You're not bleeding enough, your skin is repairing too quickly." Jae glanced at him and bit his lip shyly, not having this issue before.

Niksic gave a quiet laugh. He chewed on the inside of his mouth and kissed the vampire. Allowing him to feed. The two kissed until the vampire had his fill and Jae pulled away before running off to the bedroom.