Shit. How the fuck did she know and how the fuck did she find me? It could only be Cal.

'It's floor 3, Mom,' I sighed. 'Room 104.'

She hung up and I dropped my phone to the bed, quickly dashing around my room to straighten up, grabbing the empty wine bottles and stuffing them under Penny's bed quickly.

Eventually, the knock came to the door and I breathed, feeling nervous as hell. A million excuses ran through my mind but I had no idea how much she knew so I knew I had to tell the truth. Surely by now she knew Cal and I weren't together.

'Hey,' I said, opening the door to see my full family there.

She barged past me and into the room, pacing around and studying it carefully, eyeing up Penny's bed.

'So, who's your roommate?' she asked.

'Penny,' I replied. 'She had no roomie so I moved in here with her.'

'Why?' Dad asked, as he sat on my bed and Riley joined him. 

I watched as Riley eyed me up and down and scowled at me a little before turning away. What the hell did they know?

'Cal and I had a little...falling out,' I told them. 'It was best for me to move out for a little while.'

'You mean a few weeks?' Mom said.

'Well, we've been a little back and forth,' I said. 'But that's our business; I don't know why I'm having to explain myself.'

'Why haven't you told me anything, Bethan?' Mom asked. 'You didn't even spend thanksgiving with Cal, did you?'

'No, I spent it with Chelsea and Yasmine,' I told her.

'Exactly, you lied to me,' she said. 'You and Cal aren't together and haven't been for weeks, so why pretend?'

'Because I didn't know how to say it out loud, Mom,' I said, my voice already cracking. 'Things never seemed officially over, I had no idea what was happening myself.'

'Cal seems to think things are certainly over,' Dad said.

'You've seen Cal then?' I asked. 'He told you everything I guess.'

'I'm guessing it's been a while since you've seen him, huh?' Mom said.

I took a large gulp and composed myself, wanting to know what Cal had been saying. He seemed to think things were certainly over...that really did hurt.

'Cal told us you'd left,' Mom said. 'We turned up there to surprise you both for Christmas to find him alone there, with no idea where you were or what you were doing because you'd left weeks ago. He apologised on your behalf but he told us you left him and you guys were over. He didn't even know that we didn't know!'

'How could you do that to him, Bethan?' Riley asked. 'He was a good boyfriend to you, wasn't he?'

'Look, you don't know half the stuff that went down, okay, so just...everybody stop ganging up on me,' I said.

'So what happened?' Mom asked, taking a seat on my bed with my dad and Riley.

'A lot,' I sighed, sitting down on Penny's bed to face them. 'Mostly on my part really.'

'So tell us,' Mom said.

'Brodie West started it all really,' I told her. 'He's always liked me and I still kept my friendship with him even though Cal hates him and he hates Cal. I mean he tried to kiss me and everything but still, I wanted to stay friends with him and Cal accepted it. Then I lied to him one night about going out to dinner with Brodie and he found out.'