CHAPTER 10

(Eben PPOV)

I could hear her screaming at me as I left her cell last night. She sounded like she would kill me if she got the chance. Xavier doesn't like the way she treated us. I don't either.

Her screams quieted down around one in the morning. I have been informed by her guard that she fell asleep.

I have the day off of work today to try and help Briley. My beta told me he would take over until I get Briley to agree to stay. My is my best friend. Him and I have been together since we were four years old. His name is James. He calls me by my name and I by his.

Before I go to Briley, I will make her breakfast. I want her to understand that we are on the same side.

**********************************

(Briley POV)

My eyes are burning from the lack of sleep. The floor underneath me is as cold as ice. I can't really remember what happened...

Wait...

That smell...

I know it....

Ebens pack cell...

Now I remember....

Yesterday Eben and his guards found me in a small village. They cuffed me and left me in a cell!

I hear the main door of the building opening. It makes a loud metal squeak.

A guard with a beard and bushy eyebrows, enter and comes my way.

He has a tray of food with him. There are all sorts of delicious smells.

When the guard reaches my cell, he slides the food under the bars.

"Here. Alpha wanted to give it to you himself. Unfortunately, there is a mild rogue attack and he will not be able to come." The guard has a scar down his neck.

"What's your name?" I ask not even touching the tray.

"Ray."

"Well Ray, you can tell your alpha to get lost." I shove the tray back under the bars.

"Look alpha told me if you don't eat willingly, I have to make you." I hear Ray sigh. He takes a key out of his pocket and starts unlocking my cell.

Now's my chance.

Ray picks up the food and enters my cell door. He leaves the door open.

Big mistake.

He picks up a spoon with egg on it and tries feeding me. I pretend to give in and take the spoon. "I'll eat if you stay here and give me the tray." I say plainly.

"Deal." Ray hands me the tray.

I take the tray and turn around.

I swing the tray as hard as I could hitting Ray in the face.

And run.

I through the tray to the floor and I sprint. I go as fast as I possible could. I know they won't get to me in time. The rogues will keep them busy. I take off my clothes and shift quickly. Me and my wolf both hate shifting because it hurts like hell. Your bones break and muscles change. Everything moves into place and let's just say it sucks. As I go deeper and deeper into the woods, I can feel the confusion of Eben. I know he knows I escaped. He just can't do anything at the moment.

******************

I have been running for at least seven hours now. My feat hurt and I'm thirsty.

I smell water but to get to it we have to go into the dark woods.

The dark woods are always sketchy. When people go in the never speak again when they come out.

I need water so bad I'll take the chance.

I walk for another fifteen minutes until I spot the water.

Aivlee and I agree to run the last few meters to get to it.

I shift back to my human form and get dressed. I bend down and cup my hands together. I put my hands into the water and it up. The icy water drips down my arms making me shiver.

I gulp down a bunch of water.

I put my hands back into the water but before I could scoop up more water...

A large hand wraps around my neck and lifts me up. My air is being stolen from me. Before I faint, I could make out those icy cold dead eyes.

And I immediately know who this is...

Too be continued...

_______________________________

Please vote! Follow for notifications.

-L