CHAPTER 5

It's been a week since Eben kissed me and life is getting busier. Casey and I have been training together and we started to hanging out more often.

"Have you heard of the music festival they will be having soon?" Casey is always talking about activities and events that happen in Moon stone territory

. "Um...I think Eben mentioned it."

"Well its where unmated wolves go to meet other wolves to find a mate! And I am finally old enough to go!" Casey is practically jumping with joy. I laugh at her and look down at the book I am

holding. Her and I came to the pack library so we could learn more about traditional pack stuff. But we didn't get much learning in because Cas kept telling me stories about the pack, not that mind.

The librarian has her hair in a braid and is wearing a green sundress. She keeps telling us to be quiet but I'm not the one making noise...

"It will be so crazy amazing if I can meet my mate! I just hope his pack isn't too far away from here. I WILL miss you too much!" Somehow Casey is always full of energy. She never sits still not even for a second.

"I am serious young ladies! Be quiet!" The librarian has the ability to talk calmly even though this is the third time she came to us.

"We're sorry! We are leaving now!" I politely smile and put the blue and brown book I'd been reading -trying to read- back to its original place and nodded towards the door so that Casey would get up.

"Oh yeah sorry!" She smiled and we left together.

"Um... lets go to the kitchen I'm... uh... hungry..." I try making Casey walk at a faster pace because there is a certain someone coming this way and his scent made it clear he was looking for me. I just don't feel like talking to him right now... I don't know why but I want to avoid him for a while so he cannot ask me to go to the festival with him.

"We had breakfast like two hours ago!" Casey stopped and put her hands in her jean jacket pockets. She looked at me skeptically.

"Briley, what's going on?" she narrowed her eyes making her light blue eyes less visible.

"Look I'll tell you later just please can we get away from here as fast as we possibly can?"

"Fine! But you have to tell me why you are in such a rush!"

"I will I promise!"

Casey and I rather went to her bedroom instead of the kitchen. I told her the truth as to why I wanted to leave the library so fast. She insisted we go to her room and not mine since we aren't really hungry. We both figured Eben would go looking for me there.

"Why?" Casey's soft voice broke the silence we had been in.

"Huh?"

"Why would you want to avoid your mate? I would kill to be asked to a festival with my mate!"

"I'm just not used to this kind of thing... It's all new to me."

As I lay on Casey's soft pink bed staring up at her art decorated roof someone knocks on the door and the most wonderful smell hits my nose. "Shoot its Eben" I whisper to Casey. "Be quiet I just won't open the door!"

"Briley, I know you're in there I can tell by your scent and for some reason My heart is beating faster"

Damn the mate bond!

"Open the door I need to talk to you!"

"Why would you need to talk to me?"

I am trying very hard to hold in my laugh. Casey spoke so innocently.

"Not you Casey! Briley either you come out or I break down the door." He said it so calmly as if he always says this.

"The window..." Casey whispered to me.

Before I could register what cas said the door flew off its hinges.

"Hey my door!" cas complained as if she wasn't warned about the door.

"What did you expect Casey I told you I was going to break down the door not bake you a cake." Eben said it with the most plain and simple voice ever. He looks extra tall today because he is wearing all black and his grey eyes glow like the full moon on a cloudy day.

"Why are you hiding?" Eben spoke directly to me now as if Casey isn't here...

"Uh... I'm not hiding why would I be hiding?" I gave a nervous laugh and I knew he picked it up. "Come with me I have a surprise for you!" He held out his hand and smiled.

I almost fainted at his smile so I took his hand but only after looking back at Casey she shrugged not knowing what to do.

Eben took me to the roof of the pack house where you could see the entire pack. Children are running around playing soccer and some are talking. Some elders are busy packing out picnics for the children to eat and not all of them are family.

The Glass River pack members never treated each other like family they never packed lunches for the children or spoke kindly to the people.

All of this is strange to me I've never been used to this kind of treatment...

"BRILEY!!" Eben waved is tanned hand in front of me. "Are you okay? You zoned out..." Eben looks at me with annoyance and I knew I was making him impatient.

"Yeah sorry I was just thinking about how nice your pack members are to everyone in it... Nobody ever did nice things like this at Glass River..." I can feel Eben's sadness and I know he is looking at me with pity and that's the last thing I need from an alpha let alone my mate.

"You are safe now." Eben turned me to look at him.

"As long as I live you will never be harmed not once and I swear I will kill every one of those dumb cowards who touched you!" Eben put his hand on my cheek as gently as he could and I tried to move away but he didn't let me.

"I need you to trust me the way I did you when you asked me to kill those wolves!"

"Eben I am just not used to this kind of thing okay... and besi..."

Eben cut me off my telling me to shush...

He pulled me over to a blanket he lay down on the floor with foods and drinks packed out on it.

"I want you to come to the festival with me... It would make me the happiest alpha in the world if you do come with me... I promise the second you feel uncomfortable we can leave! If you say yes then join me for a rooftop picnic that by the way took me the whole morning to prepare, of no you can leave!"

The blanket looks soft and warm and its yellow colour makes Ebens skin look even more perfect... But if I say yes to him, he will except that I will also stay with him as his mate... but if I say no he will be crushed and I feel like I will be too. Not that I like him or anything.

But still I don't know what to tell him with his beautiful grey eyes looking at me filled of hope.

"Eben... I.."

______________________________________

Pease vote. Follow me for notifications.

-L