CHAPTER 7

I woke up with the sun shining warm rays on my face. Today is a cloudless day.

Eben must be in the shower since I can hear the gentle sound of water drops hitting the shower floor.

I sit up from the soft bed and rubbed my eyes so that the brightness in the room doesn't bother my eyes too much.

I stand up from the bed and walk to the closet door. I put my hand on the icy handle and pull the doors open.

I walk to where the girl's clothes are and pick out a pink tank top and black jean shorts.

I quickly get dressed and put on some sandals I found in the bottom of the closet draws.

I leave the closet and as I do the bathroom door opens and Eben comes through it.

"Oh! You're up!" He gives me a heart melting smile. Wait no! What am I thinking!

"Yeah!" I reply looking away from him flustered from seeing him in only his towel.

"Did I wake you?" His tone was serious.

"Uh... no." I give him a short answer still looking away from him and out the window.

"Why are you avoiding looking at me?"

"What! Am I?? Didn't realize... um... I'm going to spend the day with Casey... she is helping me get ready for the festival..." He turned me around to face him after I spoke.

"Okay."

"Um..."

"Yes?"

"Casey wants to take me shopping for a dress or something... and uh-"

"Would you like money for it?" He asked in a serious but calm voice.

"If that's okay?" I take a step back realizing we had been only inches apart.

"Yeah. Take my card I won't need it today... buy whatever you like! And if you see something you would like even if it's not for the festival, I want you to get it for yourself!" He took a step forward closing the distance I put between us.

Damn.

"T-thanks." I murmured as softly as I could. He still heard me. Thanks, super hearing.

"Sure." He turned around and gave me his card.

Then he went into the closet and closed the door.

I took the chance to escape and head to Casey's room.

Casey and I spent hours in the mall looking for things to wear. Okay maybe not hours just like two but still I hated it!

Casey and I headed back to her room in the pack house and we started getting ready.

Casey put my escape outfit in a bag that looks so cute with her outfit that you wouldn't think it would hold anything bad in it...

After I got changed into the dress, we chose from this really cute store in the mall Casey put slight curls into my long dark brown hair. She added a small amount of tiny white shimmers into my hair to make it look even nicer. Then she added a bit of mascara and lip gloss.

When we finished Casey pushed me to a huge mirror on her wall so I could see my finished make-up and dress.

The dress is a flowing beige sleeveless dress with rhinestones going around my waist.

Though top part of the dress has a swirling pattern on it and the bottom reaches up to my knees.

(This is what the dress looks like)