CHAPTER 9

(Briley POV)

It's been exactly three days since I ran away from Eben and his pack. I Feel two things right now... number One I feel guilty for leaving Eben like that without even saying goodbye.

Number two I'm hungry!

Like I said it has been three days and I haven't eaten anything since I left.

There's a small shop in a tiny village far away from Ebens pack and I promised Aivlee that we can have a break once we reach it.

When we got to the village I shifted back to my human form and don't worry! I am smart enough to carry my clothes in my mouth while in wolf form. The houses are all circling around the village center that has everything you would need in it. From doctors and stores to cinemas and arcades. After I got dressed, I asked a bunch of teens that were about to enter the cinema where the tiny shop was. They gladly pointed put which direction I should go in.

It took me a while but I finally found the shop. I found some water and they had freshly baked muffins too. "Hi can I have a blueberry muffin?" I asked an old looking lady with the kindest smile ever. "Of course! Here you go dear." She handed me the muffin and winked. I smiled at her. I haven't been around people much but this lady makes me wish I was.

I hear a phone starting to ring in a room that says staff only and the lady left to go answer it. I have to wait for her to come back so I can pay for the muffin and water.

It hadn't been too long before the lady returned. "That will be one dollar and fifty cents." She smiles at me and I can't help but smiled back at her.

After I paid, I walk out the shore taking my time since I promised Aivlee we could take a break from running. I sit down on a bench outside the tine shop and take the paper of the muffin. I take a bite from the muffin. It's still warm and the blueberries feel like they are melting on my tongue. The sweetness of the muffin reminding me of comfortness from before my life was ruined by that awful alpha.

I sat peacefully eating my food then got up after I finished and headed to the woods. Neither Aivlee nor I am excited to go back to running as fast as we can but we know we have to. As soon as I got deep enough into the woods, I get ready to shift. Before I could I feel a hand around my fore arm. One I hoped to never come across again.

"No more running." His smooth yet pained voice filled my ears.

"How did you find me Eben?" I ask not turning around to face him. Staring at the ground.

"The old lady who owns the store you have been in a while ago informed me." He turns me to face him then lifts my face so my eyes meet his.

"Why do you feel like you need to run from me?" Eben looks like he has been shattered into a million pieces. Me leaving broke him harder than anything ever could.

I feel kind of bad.

"I told you I am not used to packs and mates and I just don't want to get used to it." I don't even try to force a smile knowing it wouldn't help right now.

I try to free my arm from his grip but he just keeps tightening it.

"As an alpha I need my Luna and so does the pack. Therefore, I will not allow you freedom until you come to your senses and accept being my Luna."

With that being said other wolves surround me and Eben making it impossible for me to escape if I try to run.

Eben takes out handcuffs and I try to back away but fail since he has hold of my arm.

"Please no! Eben stop." I try to get Eben to rethink what he is doing. If he thinks I will ever forgive him for cuffing me he is mistaken.

I growl loudly at Eben but he ignores me and cuffs one of my hands.

"I'm sorry." He whispers.

And cuffs the other.

I try to break loose from the cuffs but they are coated in wolf Spain. The more I move my hands the more it burns.

"Ahh! It hurts! Eben please take them off me!" Tears start rolling down my arm and for a small moment I could see weakness in Ebens eyes. Almost like he was about to take off the cuffs but then turn around.

"Let's go! Pick her up and bring her. She won't come willingly." There is sadness and pain in Ebens voice.

One of the tall and muscly guards picks me up over his shoulder. I keep trying to push myself away from the guard but there is no hope. Everyone here is stronger than me.

Even if I do get loose, they will easily catch me again since I have been running for days without food or water.

They have been training all this time and eating and drinking well. There is no doubt they can catch me.

Surprisingly I feel tired and the darkness seems so kind and gentle.

I drift off to sleep while the guard is carrying me on his shoulder. The movements and sounds around ne disappearing.

*******

(Eben POV)

Briley fell asleep on our way back to my pack. But she woke up as soon as we unlocked one of the many cell doors. I chose a section for her where no other wolves are being kept so she won't have to be around lunatics.

"You can't do this!" I hear her soft voice echo off the walls.

"I told you me and my pack need their Luna. I need my Luna!" She won't look at me and I know she won't forgive me for a while.

"Well they won't ever have one in that case! I hate you and your pack and I don't care about all the ways you will punish me in! I can take it! I have taken the pain and abuse for all my life! I won't give in to you!" Briley's voice came out louder this time. It's like she is gathering all of her strength to try and yell at me. It breaks me to know that she hates me now and that she wants to use her last remaining strength to yell at me.

"I'm not going to hurt you not punish you! Briley I am your mate! You are only in this cell because you will run away from me again! And... and I just can't go through the pain of losing you again!" I'm trying to hold back some tears as I say these words to her. I have kept these words in wanting to say them since the day she left me.

"You are only saying this now! But alphas are all the same! Once you aren't pleased or happy enough with what we do you abuse us! I will never love you!" Her words leave an aching pain in my chest, one I would have mistaken for a heart attack if I hadn't been a wolf.

"I'm sorry for doing this my love. It's for the best." With that I turn round and leave the room.

Briley starts screaming at me endlessly.

"COME BACK HERE AND LET ME GO YOU USELESS DUMB ALPHA! I WILL ESCAPE AND WHEN I DO, I WILL KILL YOU!"

Her screaming echoes in my head paining me even more!

________________________________

Please vote! Follow for notifications.

-L