Bloody Reunion

~Lacey~
Been a few months now since taking in Rehan, it's been amazing over all he's an easy boy. Accalia and I have been doing a good job not honking my own horn, there haven't been any rogue or vampire encounters it's been peaceful. Very peaceful, I assumed after that one night with my mate my whole life would be a constant head ache. It's not.
I was sitting in the kitchen drinking my coffee it was too early to function with out caffeine, Rehan had woke me up with his whining needing a diaper change Accalia told me she'd handle it, but I was awake and couldn't fall back to sleep.
Soon after my beautiful half asleep mate walked into the kitchen huffing "our son" she stated then sat next to me kissing me on the head "stinks! What did you feed him?" She raises an eyebrow at me "baby food" I giggled and she laughed at me tiredly "well for making our son stink so bad you're in charge of patrol tonight" I huffed at her statement "fine, you want to be in charge of gross baby food and dirty diapers? Perfect!" She rolled her eyes at me "that doesn't really sound like a punishment though, I like to spend time with the pack." She looked at me crazy "you can't go ten minutes without worrying about Rehan, you will be linking me every two seconds asking me how he is" she smirked "I won't link you that much, I just want to make sure my baby is okay" I stated and watched Accalia as she started making breakfast.
"Hello my handsome baby" I say softly to Rehan, Accalia had retrieved him after we had our breakfast. He gave me a little smile and reached his hands up tangling his small fingers in Accalia's long hair, she just smiled down at him "Be easy with mommas hair" I say as I kiss his head "I'm going to get the patrol started, I'll see you later. I love you" I say and give Accalia a kiss "love you too".

I left the house and put folded clothes on the porch for myself when the patrol was over, I ran towards the wood line and shifted. I let out a snarl and linked the pack, they seemed excited that I was on patrol tonight I guess Accalia is harder on them than I am.
Time passed and I was pacing the border of our territory sniffing the air for anything strange, I sat down and huffed hey baby, how's it going? I heard my mates sweet voice through our link everything's good out here, how's our son? I asked, he's wonderful. I just put him to bed I smiled, not sure what I looked like smiling shifted, hearing that made me happy. Good, you should join me and have Ella listen out for him for a while. I miss you she told me she'd be out in a minute.
I sat and sniffed the air still sitting listening to my pack in the distance as they walked the borders, I heard paws trotting towards me the pattern sounded like my mate. I turned my head and there she was, her beautiful grey wolf came and sat next to me nudging her head on mine. Hello beautiful she linked hi good looking I sniffed the air once more as a small breeze blew against our faces do you smell that? I heard Accalia growl lowly I only smell you I said her scent was a little over powering I smell rogues she growled, I stood up immediately and alerted the pack to be on the look out then I heard Bailey one of our Deltas Alpha, Luna, we've got company Accalia and I run over to his side as fast as we could stopping and facing where him and the others were looking. I smelled that smell again, the one I will always remember blood.
I couldn't believe my eyes, ten rogues emerged from the trees. Along with two vampires, and a wolf who I thought I'd never have to see again. Alec, he was standing in front of the rest with the male bloodsucker standing next to him. I let out a loud growl and Accalia held her head high "I thought I told you to never show your face around here again, mutt" Accalia barked towards him "we came for the human, Im afraid I was lied to. Your mate isn't human" the vampire standing next to him spoke "you conspired with our common enemy to kill me cause you thought I was human!" I snapped Alec lowered his head slightly "you were human before I left" he growled. "I've smelled you before Luna" the vampire said to me "what" I was confused "how's your adopted son?" He gave me a wicked smile, I barked and growled stepping closer "don't you even think about touching my son!" I shouted and snapped towards him he stepped backwards "he's a baby, you won't touch him" Accalia snapped, "harming children is against the bloodsucker rules remember" she growled stepping forward "I know, but harming the adults isn't"
He ran towards me opening his mouth to bite me I quickly shut my jaw around his shoulder tossing him into a tree "kill them" I growled loudly, Accalia ran at Alec first into a fit of snarling and snapping jaws. The rest of my patrol attacked the other rogues who were clearly outnumbered "over here" I heard the bloodsucker behind me I spun around quickly snapping at him which he dodged, I jumped at him biting his arms which he wormed is way out of my jaws "you're good dog" he grunted dodging my attacks.
I finally pinned him and snapped my jaws threatening to rip his throat "any last words?" I growl "you're son, he'll be grown one day. That's when they'll come, that's when the rest of us will return." I sank my teeth into the side of his face and tore his head from his body after he let out a loud scream.
The rogues were defeated and the other vampire was also dead, I looked towards my mate who was standing over Alec's dead body. The two remaining rogues tucked their tails and ran into the woods.
"Bailey, gather the dead. Burn them." Accalia said sounding tired, she walked to me and pressed her head to mine "are you alright?" She asked worried "I'm okay" I say softly "let's go get cleaned up" she said to me, we walked to the pack house as the others gathered the corpses from the woods.
"You're very brave" my mate said to me as we showered "I try to impress you" I chuckled. "Well ripping the head off of a vampire, sure way to win me over" she gave me a small smile, I looked at her and caressed her cheek "I'm sorry.. about Alec, I know he used to be a good friend" I said, she sighed "he was never a friend, friends don't betray each other" I looked down "well he's dead now, no more worries" I sigh "no worries about what he's doing at least" she rinsed out her hair and turned off the water "I'm going to sleep like Rehan tonight" she stepped out of the shower and chuckled "same here".
We dried off and crawled into bed together not bothering putting on pajamas, she wrapped her arms around me and kissed my forehead pulling the covers over us "I love you Lacey" she said softly and I buried my face into her neck kissing her mark "I love you more".
We drifted off to sleep, for the bloody reunion that happened two hours ago I slept peacefully knowing my mate and my son were safe.