Natasha's Bout of Stomach Flu - Natasha/Clint

Set beforeThor
For Ella12121212

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone!!! I hope you have a wonderful year in 2020 🎄

Thanks for all the support on this book, I honestly wasn't expecting it!! More notes after xx

———

Clint and Natasha always worked together. Clint had brought her in years ago and the woman had (discreetly) latched herself onto the archer's side, as though afraid to leave the man she viewed as family.

So when Coulson turned up at the crater site he was very confused as to why only Barton was there and not Romanoff.

It transpired that the infamous, undefeated, excessively lethal Black Widow was, in fact, indisposed.

There had been a bout of stomach flu going around where ever her last mission had been and the woman had managed to catch it (how Clint didn't get sick, Coulson never knew). There were rumours about Natasha, claiming that whatever she'd grown up with and whatever had rendered her infertile had also changed her genetics making her, among other things, immune to any and every disease.

And if he was being honest, Clint had truly believed them.

———

After subduing the military leaders of this awful country and positioning the rebels to take over, Clint and Natasha decided they deserved a day of rest before retiring back to SHIELD.

They had been given two rooms in a ridiculously fancy resort where their (now dead) target had been staying and Natasha had been more than disappointed that she hadn't been able to go swimming. But now that they had an extra day to relax she was determined to make it to the pool, and drag Clint with her. The former was successful, and the later was not. There had been rumours of some sort of stomach disease going around and Clint was determine not to catch it, if only so his family didn't. Children with stomach flu are nightmares. Natasha knew that she'd been changed biologically and seeing as it had been many years since she'd been sick, decided there was absolutely no risk for her.

She was very wrong.

Hours later, before the pair were supposed to enjoy a low-key dinner in the resort restaurant, Natasha began to feel... off. Her stomach was not quite settling which was annoying really, as this restaurant was supposed to be excellent. But Clint was waiting, so she fixed her hair into some curls, strapped a gun and holster to her leg (never leave home without one), and pulled on a cream-coloured dress with a thick black belt and black heels.

And when Clint knocked on her door, she opened it and got into the elevator down to the restaurant.

"You're sweating."

"Yes. We're in a country right on the middle of the equator and it's goddamn boiling, of course I'm sweating. And I'm wearing this ridiculous dress with long sleeves, I'm practically melting," Natasha laughed, managing to hide a shiver as Clint looked away.

As they sat at the table, the thought of food made Natasha queasy and she shifted uncomfortably as she looked down the menu for the blandest meal.

"You feeling alright there, Tasha?"

Yes, I feel fine, the spy wanted to snap, but instead she politely replied, "of course, Clinton, why?" Ensuring she used a name Clint hated so he'd drop the subject. He didn't.

"You look pale."

"It's just the lighting. You look like a ghost yourself," Natasha said, forcing a light laugh. All those lessons and all that time in the Red Room had, if nothing else, taught her how to act and more importantly, how to lie. She managed to order and hold a conversation with Clint until their entrees came, by which point she could see her hands shaking and almost a ghostly shade of white, contrasting very badly with her dress as she attempted to cover the chills that wracked through her body.