Chapter 114: Kya

I was very suddenly and violently awake all at once

I was very suddenly and violently awake all at once. I recognized that some large boom had gone off and the ceiling was crumbling apart, but other than that I was in the dark.

I was still forcing my eyes to focus and my legs to stand when another explosion hit the temple and I was flung to the right.

I finally stood and tried to resituate myself.

Aang was at the front of the room blowing bombs away from the open windows.

I scooped my staff up from the ground, ran towards him, and blew all the windows shut.

The bombs continued to hit the outside.

Aang turned to me and smiled, "You're back!"

I didn't have time to smile back because another bomb shook the temple and I felt it sway against the cliff.

Zuko tackled Katara out of the way from falling debris.

Toph and Haru were creating a tunnel at the back of the room so we could escape through the mountain.

"Come on! We can get out through here!" She yelled.

I ran back to my space and grabbed my bag from my ground. Realizing that somebody, probably Haru or Katara, had already packed most of our stuff into Appa's saddle.

Suki, Hakoda, The Duke and everyone else made it to the cave with the others while Aang and I grabbed Appa's reins and started pulling him in.

The falling debris was getting worse and I could barely hear what everyone was saying. I just focused on pulling the reins.

Then, because we can't stay organized for one second, Zuko ran out of the tunnel and went to the windows.

"What are you doing!?" Aang called after him.

"Go ahead. I'll hold them off, I think this is a family visit." He opened one of the windows and jumped out just as another bomb hit.

Sokka and Katara ran over to us and grabbed the reins too. Appa wasn't budging.

I let go and tried coaxing him into the tunnel over the noise of the bombs, "Come on, Appa! Please."

He still wasn't coming.

"I can't get him to go in there! Appa hates tunnels!" Aang let go of the reins.

"Aang, there's no way we can fly out of here," Katara said.

A part of the roof collapsed on the other side of the room and we were engulfed in dust.

"We'll have to find a way!" Aang yelled.

Sokka turned to the others, still waiting for us in the mouth of the tunnel. "We need to split up. Take the tunnel and get to the stolen airship!"

"No! The Fire Nation can't separate our family again." Katara ran over to Hakoda.