Chapter 62: Hugh

Double upload? 

~~~~~~~~~~

Sokka stood up, "What do you guys think you're doing!? I've been look all over for you!" He yelled at us.

"Well, I've been wandering around look for you!" Katara stood up and yelled back at him.

"Same here," I spoke.

"I was chasing some girl." Aang said airbending himself off the ground.

"What girl?" Katara asked him.

"I don't know. I heard laughing, and I saw some girl in a fancy dress," Aang said. He reached his hand out to me and I gladly took it, pulling myself up.

"Well, there must be a tea party here, and we just didn't get our invitations." Sokka said sarcastically.

"I thought I saw mom." Katara said, hanging her head a bit.

Katara saw something too? At least I'm not alone.

"I saw my dad," I said.

Sokka eyes softened as he looked back forth between us, "Look we were all just scared and hungry, and our minds were playing tricks on us. That's why we all saw things out here." He said doing his best to be comforting.

"You saw something too?" Katara asked him.

"I thought I saw Yue. But that doesn't prove anything. Look, I think about her all the time. And you saw mom, and Bella saw her dad, someone you both miss a lot." Sokka tried to explain something unexplainable.

"What about me? I didn't know the girl I saw." Aang asked him. "And all our visions led us right here."

"So where's here? The middle of the swamp?" Katara asked him. I looked around us and noticed we were standing on one of the biggest tree roots I have ever seen. I followed the root with my eyes all the way up to a huge tree that towered over everything else in the swamp.

"Yeah...the center. It's the heart of the swamp. It's been calling us here." Aang said also looking up at the huge tree. "I knew it!"

"It's just a tree. It can't call anyone," Sokka said sounding annoyed again. "For the last time. There's nothing after us and there's nothing magical happening here."

A huge wave of water came up right next to us on one side of the root. Behind the wave we could clearly see some sort of vine monster with a wooden mask. It was absolutely huge and definitely not our friend.

We ran into another shallow lake on the other side of the root as the vine arms started reaching for us.

This would probably be a great time to bend...

The monster grabbed a hold of Sokka and lifted him up but Sokka fell right out when a burst of air hit the monsters arm, from Aang of course. The monster than targeted Aang, flicking him back through the trees of the swamp.

Katara picked water up from the swamp and used it to start bending at the monster. Showing off her mastery of skills. Sokka was tearing and cutting the vines off of him. And Aang had come back with his airbending. All three of them worked together and moved in sync.

And I...did nothing. Why am I doing this? Why aren't I helping them? Why am I just standing here looking on at what they're doing. I could be helping them. I could use my airbending and help them a lot, because a single bender makes a difference. And yet I'm not. I don't know why, I just know that I'm not helping, even though I can.

The monster grabbed a hold of Sokka again so Aang jumped up in top of him and started spinning. He spinned the air around and around until he had created a tornado of his own. Once the monster was completely twisted up in it's own vines Katara froze Sokka out.