Chapter 56: Secret Tunnel

"Do you still need an escort to Omashu?" One of the king's guards asked us.

"I think we're set," Katara answered him when she caught up to us. Aang stood up from his spot on the ground and then extended his hand out to me, I gladly took it and pulled myself up.

We're never needed an escort before. It's three days maybe two if we stretch it on Appa. And I think i'd rather be flying on Appa then getting an escort.

We headed back up to our room to grab our stuff. Momo was passed out on my pillow and the cracker pile was licked clean. I scooped him up in my left hand and grabbed my single bag in my right.

We had no need to unpack any of our other stuff since they had provided us with beds.

After everyone's stuff was accounted for we headed back up through the palace and found Appa waiting by the palace doors.

We climbed aboard and sailed off in the opposite direction, on our way to Omashu. It had been about a month since we were last there, I'm excited to leave this place and excited to see Bumi again.

—TIMESKIP—

The sun was setting and we had spent the entire day flying, all of us resting in a comfortable silence.

An itch was growing up the left side of my jaw under the bandage. I pulled at the sides of the bandage and it slipped off. I scratched the sides my skin, careful not to scratch an open wound.

The wind felt nice against the skin, I wish I didn't have to wear it all day but I'm still quite not sure what it looked like and how people would react.

"Katara?" I asked, hoping to get a second opinion. Though I should have known that everyone would would turn their head to look, even the one driving apparently.

"How bad does it look?" I asked them.

Aang raised his eyebrows, Sokka made a gross face with his tongue sticking out and Katara pretended it didn't look that bad, even though I could see the pity in her face.

"That bad?" I asked all of them.

Needless to say I never got an answer to either of my questions.

—TIMESKIP—

We stopped down at a lake area when it was getting darker and decided to spend the night there and then in the morning we would start flying again.

—TIMESKIP—

The morning was bright and cheery. We pushed back our deadline a bit so we could have a bit of fun in the lake, also so Katara could try her first time teaching Aang a waterbending lesson.

While Katara and Aang worked in the water and Sokka floated around in a giant leaf he found I was sitting at the edge of the lake dipping my feet in.

Sokka lifted his wet hair from his eyes, "Are you guys gonna be done soon, we've got a lot of ground to cover if we want to make it to Omashu today." He said to Katara and Aang.

"What. Like you're ready to go right now, naked guy?" Katara asked him.

Sokka was also only wearing a pair of underpants he made from his beloved leaf.

"I could be ready in two minutes, seriously whenever." Sokka said as he floated around.

I'm ready to go in 2 seconds.

Katara and Aang continued with their training and I resumed to zoning out by looking in the water.

Before I could zone out however I heard music coming from the trees. Katara and Aang were already in front of me before I could blink.