Chapter 28: Soulmates

Her ears listened carefully to his heartbeat in the morning daylight, she smiled with her eyes closed. She could feel his lips curling against her hair. His arm squeezed her further into him, making her chuckle.

Elsa pulled on the blankets around them, whispering to Aiden, "Good morning, lover."

Aiden mumbled something under his breath, then turned to Elsa groggily, but he smiled at her otherwise. He clung to her, lazily closing his eyes. Elsa giggled, now pulling away the blanket, leaving him cold.

Aiden shivered; a faint grin making its way to his lips. He stood up with a struggle, but the mischievous gleam in his emerald green eyes never left. He lifted her up into his arms, laughs and screams being shared.

He quietly sat her down, wrapping her around his arms lazily, his eyes tracing every lock of her platinum blond hair. "You love to do that. How fluffy am I for you?"

"You're just so nice to hug, snowflake.  For a snow queen, your warmth is different. It feels so cozy."

Elsa leaned against him, enjoying their moments like this. She glanced at the sapphire ring that glimmered on her nightstand, a smile forming.

They lasted like that for another five minutes, not until a certain bubbly princess bursted inside, all dressed up for an adventure.

"WE'RE GOING TO THE NORTHULDRA!" Anna cheered.

Aiden rubbed his ears, "Wonderful, but you don't have to make sure everyone in Arendelle know about it. Wait, Northuldra? I haven't heard of such a place."

Elsa giggled, standing now in front of him, "The Northuldra is a tribe in the Enchanted Forest, my mother used to be a member of it. They're lovely, Aiden. And it's where Bruni and the others stay. Come on!"
____________________________________

"Ryder!"

"Kristoff!"

The two men slapped each other's back gleefully, earning a happy laugh from Honeymaren, "Oh, these two." She shook her head, then caught a certain platinum blond head approaching. Her face lit up, running up to the ice queen, "Elsa!"

Elsa chuckled, hugging the girl, "Honeymaren, long time no see! How are you?" She asked, all hyped up.

"I'm fine, thank you very much. Bruni on the other hand, terribly missed you. He's been going up from tree to tree everyday, glancing out for the coast. Good thing he wasn't on fire the entire time," Honeymaren giggled, "I'll call Yelana to inform her about your arrival!" Ryder yelled from a distance, running away.

Aiden shyly approached behind Elsa. He was shy as a mouse around here, since he wasn't familiar with its people. Elsa giggled, catching his gaze and she intertwined her hands around his with a laugh, "Honeymaren, I would like for you to meet my fiancé, Prince Aiden of the Northern Isles."

Aiden rubbed the nape of his neck nervously, "Aiden would do just fine, m'lady."

Honeymaren gasped, "Fiancé?! Oh, congratulations to you both!"

Aiden chuckled, "Thank you, Honeymaren." He forwardly snaked an arm around his beloved's waist, "She's extraordinary."

Honeymaren nodded in agreement, "I have to agree with you. Oh look, Yelana's here!"

Elsa turned her head to the tribe leader's direction, who nodded curtly at her in return, "It is nice to see you again, Elsa. And who might this be?" She referred to Aiden.

"It's been a while, Yelana. This is my fiancé, Aiden." Elsa smiled up at him, a blush faintly making its way to her cheeks. Aiden offered his hand to the tribe leader politely, who shook it gladly.

Yelana's eyes widened, "You... You have magic in your veins."

Aiden's smile faded, turning into a shocked expression, "H-how did you know?"

"I've seen magic before, Aiden. I've seen it from your beloved to the environment of this forest. Didn't know fire and ice would have chemistry." Yelana lightly chuckled, "Yet, I do not know where yours would've come from. Elsa knows where hers is, but I believe you don't know of yours?"

Aiden nodded, "Yes, apparently. I only know that I have inherited it from my mother. My father was against it, but... Long story."

Yelana sighed, "Many people think magic is witchery, but some also believe it's a form of beauty. Just don't use it for madness, and I can see it that you can control it quite skillfully."

Aiden's mouth formed into an 'o,' "You're good."

Yelana smiled, "I've been in this forest for many years, ever since I was born. I learn from my father."

Aiden folded his arms, "Fascinating. Anywho, the forest is beautiful, Yelana. Elsa told me from our trek that it used to be covered in mist?"

Yelana nodded affirmatively, "The magical spirits of this forest were angry, back then. But it was all fixed, thanks to your queen." She gave a grateful glance to Elsa who smiled back.

Cyra gently perched on Aiden's shoulder, clearing her throat. Aiden chuckled, petting the phoenix lightly, "Ah, Yelana by the way, this is my creation, Cyra. She's a phoenix."

Yelana observed the bird in astonishment, "I have never seen a bird quite like it. Does she cause flames like Bruni?"

"Well, if she's protective, but I can assure you she's safe to touch. She's a friendly bird, aren't you, Cyra?"

Cyra nodded, "Wouldn't dare to do such a thing."

Yelana gasps, "S-she speaks."

Cyra grinned, "Hello."

"Would you like to sit around the fire? You must be tired from your trek to up here." Yelana offered.

Elsa nodded gratefully, "We would love to, Yelana. I've missed this forest very much so."

She pulled Aiden's arm, earning a laugh from him, and began to lead him to the gentle campfire for them to sit around. Cyra flew above them, following their path.

The couple reached the campfire, both of them sitting on the log gently. On the other log, sits Kristoff and Anna, and on the last, Ryder, Honeymaren and Yelana. Aiden wrapped his hands around Elsa's, as they sat around in silence.

The flames in front of them crackled and burned; Aiden's eyes curiously locking a gaze at it. He glanced around their environment, seeing many tents and other tribal homes lingering near. Many children played around, while many adults talk around and about.

Yelana glanced at the couple's intertwined fingers, Anna and Kristoff exchanged looks at the tribe leader's focused stare on both the fire prince and the snow queen's joined hands.

"The love you two share is extraordinary. I have never sensed or seen anything so powerful and strong. Your bond is deep, I can tell." said Yelana.

Aiden and Elsa blushed.

"Have you ever heard of, soulmates?" Yelana asked.

"Y-yes, we have." Elsa answered shyly.

"Soulmates are no joke, to be frank. They are rare, I promise you. Few people only have this strong bond. You two are part of that few," Yelana smiled at them, "And all I can say is, that you'll know each other better than anyone else. You can read each other like a memorized book, you can sense each other's feelings and discomfort. And mostly,"

"You'll protect each other through whatever the cost." She finished.

Aiden glanced at Elsa, "I have no doubt I will."

Elsa breathlessly whispered, leaning closer, "I would too, lover."

Cyra cleared her throat hilariously, patting the couple's heads to form attention, "Alright, break it up you two! I think you've had enough googly eyes at each other!"

All of them broke out laughing, the fire bird sighing in relief.