31

It was morning, and Klaus and Luna were still in bed

It was morning, and Klaus and Luna were still in bed. Klaus had not interacted with his family all night, and he knew he had made the right choice by coming to see Luna. Luna was still asleep, and Klaus was going to get out of bed, but then Luna felt the bed moving, which caused her to wake up. 

She opened her eyes slowly and smiled at the sight of Klaus. He was getting ready to leave the bed, and let Luna continue sleeping, but Luna sleepily placed her hand on Klaus' bicep which forced his attention towards the sleepy girl.

"Why are you leaving me?" Luna said. 

She was sleepy and thus did not know what she was saying, she had no control over it. 

"Little moon, now I need to get back home," Klaus stated. 

He did not want to leave her, and when Luna began to slightly tug on Klaus' bicep, he adhered to her request and laid down again. Luna sleepily smiled at Klaus coming back to bed, and spoke,

"Now, are you ready to tell me what happened last night?" Luna said. 

She wanted to go back to sleep, to stay in Klaus' warm embrace forever, but this was a more pressing concern for her.

"Of course my love, after a night next to you, I am ready to do anything you ask of me," Klaus said. 

He really was ready to tell her, he was back to being himself, not that delirious man who only had the goal to see Luna after what had happened at his home.

"Little moon, there was a dinner that I had with the Salvatore brothers," Klaus began. 

He expected Luna to be upset that he had not told her about this event, but she just nodded in encouragement.

"It was supposed to give me my last coffin back and to strike a deal about Elena Gilbert. Then, I got aggressive to get my demands heard. Then, when Elijah and Damon came back, where I had thought that they were going to get the last coffin, I found out Elijah woke all of my siblings," Klaus stated. 

He wanted to continue, but the shock of seeing his family together again, after a very long time, was settling in Klaus' mind.

"They all stabbed me, saying that they were going to leave me alone, and out of desperation I, for a moment, sounded like Mikael. They were ready to get rid of me, and then the person who was in the last coffin came, it was my mother," Klaus finished. 

Luna was surprised that Klaus' mother was still alive, but this was not the time to be shocked.

"She said she wanted us to be a family again. I want to believe her, I really do, but I don't know if I should. I can tell that she is up to something, and I do not want you to be in the line of fire," Klaus finished. 

Somehow, everything that Klaus says always comes back to Luna, and it made Luna's heart melt that he always thought about her.

"Nik, you need to go back to your family," Luna started. She pushed herself upwards on her arms and continued,

"Enjoy the time that you have with them, you can deal with your mother later," Luna finished. 

Klaus was satisfied with what she had said, and then he chose to get more playful with Luna.

"Now, it's our time,"

"Our time?" Luna questioned with a small giggle. Klaus playfully growled, and lept on Luna, causing her to fall back into the bed in giggles, and he kissed her.