11

It had been two weeks since Klaus and Luna had spoken

It had been two weeks since Klaus and Luna had spoken. They both would say that it was pure agony for them, Klaus feeling it more than Luna was. 

He felt guilty for the fact that he had shouted at Luna, knowing how shy she was in the first place. Klaus had made the effort to call her every day that week, leaving voicemail after voicemail for her. Though, Luna had given no indication that she was willing to accept Klaus' apology. 

Luna, on the other hand, had heard every single voice mail that Klaus had left on her phone. Every time that Klaus left a voice mail, it would sound as though he was giving up, but Luna could not move forward from the way he spoke to her. Luna had not thought of her mother for almost a year, and her life was good as a nobody. 

Then, the second that Klaus shouted at her, the fear that Luna felt was very similar to how she had felt around her mother, or whenever her mother was home. Luna wanted badly to forgive Klaus and to have those late-night talks that they had one night.

Then, one day, Luna had answered the phone. She had not known who had called, she was making food for herself and she answered without looking at the contact.

"Hello," Luna answered. There was no response on the other side of the call, but she could hear a breath hitching. Luna furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and looked to see who had called her, but she was stopped by the person on the other side of the phone saying,

"Little moon?" Klaus asked. Now, it was Luna's turn to be silent in shock. She did not think that she was ready to talk to Klaus again, but all the heart ache that she felt came crashing back into her like waves. 

"Please, don't hang up," Klaus replied. For once, Klaus sounded desperate, and he was happy that Stefan was far away from him, inside the bar while Klaus had made another call to Luna.

"Please little moon, let me explain," Klaus added on. He really had sounded desperate, he needed to explain himself to Luna. 

Klaus had really missed talking to Luna. Even if they were texting, it kept him happy, and for the lack of hybrids that he has, he needed Luna. Klaus had become much more irritable and it was evident that he was upset about something else other than the fact that he had created no new hybrids.

"Okay, you have 5 minutes Nik, explain," Luna replied. She did not want to fall for a guy who was just going to hurt her in the end. Klaus smiled to himself, and began a lengthy explanation, leaving out the supernatural details.

"Well love, I had a bad day, and I was exhausted," Klaus began. Luna had begun to listen intently to what Klaus was saying while cooking lunch for herself. They both once again felt as though they were the only people on this planet, and this moment was theirs.