• Blue Moth •

Picture from cover: Blue Moth

It's been about a week since Miracle Queen. Chloé hasn't gone to school since or even left the Grand Paris hotel since. Marinette has been handling her responsibilities as guardian well, but is on the verge of breaking. Almost every akumatization since Gabriel fixed the Peacock Miraculous had come with a sentimonster, provided by Nathalie.

[ Sunday morning, approximately a week after Miracle Queen]
"Adrien," Gabriel stood in the doorway of the dining room, staring down at his son. He stood straight as a rod with his hands behind his back, as always. His face was cold and serious.

Adrien looked up from his breakfast. He sat alone at the end of the long dining table. "Yes, father?"

"I am going away for today, I have to go to China to attend a business meeting there."

"Okay..." Adrien mumbled, looking back down at his plate. Not that he'd even notice if his father left for a whole week. These past few days, his father had gotten more busy, strangely enough. He thought it wasn't possible for him to get even more distant from him, but it happened. Even Nathalie had stopped asking how his day was at school.
Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing, actually. There also happened to be a bunch more difficult akumas and sentimonsters to battle recently. He needed the extra time that his father didn't spend with him to spend with Ladybug, saving Paris.

Gabriel turned and walked past Nathalie to the front door of the Agreste mansion, nodding to her as he passed.

Adrien heard the door close. He took another bite of his food.

Gabriel strolled into a dark alleyway not far from his home. Looking around to make sure nobody was around, he removed his white and red striped tie, revealing a small purple brooch underneath. The Butterfly Miraculous.

"Nooroo," he said. The small purple kwami flew out of his coat upon hearing his name. He hung his head.

"Master?" he said in his small voice.

"Dark Wings, Rise!" Gabriel raised his arms as he spoke the invocation. Nooroo swirled into the pin, instantly charging it with purple flutters. The pin sprouted four pieces of fabric resembling butterfly wings, and Gabriel Agreste was transformed into Hawk Moth. He sighed in satisfaction, holding the cane the miraculous provided tightly in his left hand. "This plan will work, I'm sure of it," he said to himself. He opened his right hand to reveal a small item: another brooch, this time, sea blue and peacock themed. He clasped it to his chest under his butterfly one, and Duusu appeared.

"Wooooo! Hello, Master!" he greeted heartily. "You've fixed my Miraculous, haven't you? I'm still soooo excited about that!"

Hawk Moth nodded. Man, Duusu could be annoying sometimes.

"I'm feeling greeeaatt!!" Duusu flew around the supervillain, who was slightly irritated. Duusu noticed. "Oh Master, are you okay? Why are you bothered?" He floated down to eye level.

"Nothing, Duusu." Hawk Moth took a deep breath. He hoped he was ready. According to the book, fusion was for physically and mentally strong people. Am I strong enough? he thought.
The villain shook his head to eliminate the doubts from his mind. This was for Emilie. It had to work. He stretched his arms out sideways.
"Nooroo, Duusu," he chanted, "unify!"
Duusu whooped as he swirled into the peacock miraculous. A blue pulse spread over Hawk Moth's body, transforming him once again. His purple clothing gained a blue tint to it, and peacock feathers sprouted from behind him and from the wings that came up from his shoulders. A feather fan appeared in his other hand as well.
Gabriel staggered a step backwards, gasping. Using two miraculous really was draining. He took another deep breath and smiled darkly. It was draining, but he'd done it. He can handle it.
"I am now Blue Moth," he said to himself. Reaching under his coat, he extracted a ring. A silver one. The only Graham de Vanily ring he had left, after Félix slyly stole the other one. Blue Moth held it to his heart. "Emilie, I am so close to bringing you back. You can help me to do so with this," he sighed, placing it on his ring finger.
He closed his eyes and tried to focus his emotions for a minute. Satisfied, he popped open the small dome at the top of his staff with a flick of his thumb, freeing the akuma within. "My little akuma," he said, holding his hand out. The black butterfly landed gently in the palm of his hand, and he covered it with his other hand, this time charging blue energy into it to add the power of emotion. The amokized akuma had a more purplish tint to it, as it now held both the power of transmission and the power of emotion.
"Enhance and hone my desperation!" Blue Moth set the akuma carefully on his cane. It entered it, and black bubbles spread over it, disappearing soon after.
"I now have the power!" Blue Moth twirled his akumatized cane in the air. A cyan blue energy appeared at its dome, growing with each twirl. Once it had grown bright enough, he brought it back down. "Take me to the Guardians' Temple," he cried, pointing the end of his charged cane in front of him. The cyan energy travelled down the cane and shot out from tip, forming a portal. Immediately, a chilly breeze blew through. Through the magic opening, Blue Moth could see that it led to a snowy mountaintop. The ancient temple stood in a valley between the mountain ranges, and he winced at the harsh snow blowing in his face. He stepped through.