Chapter 3: Getting to know the family

Bulla got the key out her purse and then opened the door. She seemed excited about this but I was worried about my parents. I knew that the school probably contacted my parents. I assume they're worried sick about me. How was I suppose to know anyway... If they cared about me, they would have told me that I was adopted. Honestly, that should be the last thing on my mind. The whole adopted thing is quite kind of killing me slowly. What people don't understand about figuring out that you are adopted is that... You don't know who you are anymore.

"You coming?" she asked me.

I shrugged lightly. Her and I both walked into the house together. Although, my pace was a tad bit slower than hers. Even though I've been best friends with her for a long time, I didn't exactly meet her family other than her brother. So I was kind of scared a little bit.

"Daddy!" Bulla called out as she closed the door behind her. I felt a cold breeze run down my spine as she closed the door. There was a dark hallway that scared me to death. Don't want to quote but "I have a bad feeling about this."

I heard footsteps come toward us. I held on Bulla's arm as the dark figure approach us closer. "Bulla?" I said, frightened.

"What is the meaning of this?" the dark figured asked.

This awkward screeching sound slipped out of my mouth. I held on Bulla tighter as she began to jerk her arm. I closed my eyes unprepared for the worse. As I heard a clicking sound- I opened one if my eyes. The lights were turned on and the dark figure was actually a person.

I looked at Bulla who rolled her eyes at me. She jerked her arm once again and I let go. The man who I assume is Bulla's father stared at me with his black mysterious devil-like eyes.

"Daddy, " Bulla said in a sweet voice. She clenched both her hands together as she batted her eyes."Don't get mad. I just thought that maybe you can help her out."

His eyes moved to Bulla to me. I froze with fear. I chuckled nervously as I rubbed the back of my neck."Is there something you find funny?" he asked me.

I shook my head. "O-Of course not!"

He looked me up and down. He was studying me, I could tell. I sense in his the look of his eyes that he recognized me. "What species are you?" he asked me. I widened my eyes shocked at the questioned that occurred. He narrowed his eyes at me. I bit my lip lightly. I couldn't really look him in his eyes. There was something about him that made me scared of him. "I don't know." I finally answered.

"Who are you?"

"Umm.." I chuckled as I scratch the back of my head, "My name is K-Kikyo and I need h-help. W-With a problem." I hesitated.

"You're wasting my time. Get on with it," he told me as he crossed his arms.

I flinched at his response. He seemed aggravated for a particular reason. I believed it was at me. I swallowed dryly as I turned around to show him my tail."Well, Sir, this is my problem." I told him.

"Impossible!" he gasped with disbelief.

"Well, it is possible... I don't know how, but it is." I sighed softly.

I didn't know that he was going to respond like that. I was expecting a laugh. Should I be worried about that or glad?

"Daddy, she is one of us... a Saiyan," Bra explained.

"I don't believe it," he refused. "I don't think she- I know she can't be. "Bulla's dad sighed. "Woman!!"

An older lady appears suddenly with an aggravated look on her face. "What do you want? Can you see I'm working on something?" she yelled.