(Extra) Innocent

I woke up again in sweat. Honestly, it felt like a repeat of what happened earlier. Same room, Same darkness and loneliness. I sighed softly as I tried to run my fingers through my hair. There was a bandage wrapped around my head. I didn't bother wanting to know what happened, but the flashes of Goku screaming in pain echoed in my mind. I just wanted to go to sleep. Forget everything.

"You're awake?" A voice appeared in the darkness. "Finally..."

"Hn.." I answered.

"It's about 3am. If you were wondering..." the voice informed.

"Didn't really care, to be honest."

"Kikyo..." the voice sadly called. Immediately, I could tell it was Goku. I, then, began to break into tears. "What did I do? I hurt you." I sobbed.

"No, you didn't. It was the green eye power." Goku said. "You just wasn't in the right mind."

I shook my head. "Lies...You're just trying to make me feel better. I saw the fear in your eyes. I saw everyone's look." I heard footsteps coming towards my direction. I felt my bed become lower on the right side and warmth on my hand. I snatched my hand back realizing Goku was touching me and held it to my chest.

"I might hurt you again." I whispered. "And then I'll never forgive myself."

Goku sighed. I heard more shuffling and movement coming closer to me. I felt his arms wrap around me and the pucker of his lips kissing my forehead.

"Kikyo, you are not evil. You're the most innocent girl, I know. You're strong and independent. You're sweet and kind. It can be confusing dealing with this kind of power." He explains to me.

"Why is it confusing? Why do I feel evil?" I asked.

"You just feel guilty..." He answered. "Guilty of the death of your parents. You feel like you cause it so you're blaming the power within you."

I paused for a moment. I wiped my tears as I sniffled. That actually makes sense. I thought.

"When did you become so smart?" I questioned.

"Yknow, I actually don't know. I'm pretty suprised myself that I said that. In my mind I was like Where did that come from? But then I was like From your soul." Goku answered.

I chuckled a little. "Are you high?"

"No, I don't think so. I would say I'm ground level. But I'm on the bed and it's up from the ground... Does that make me high from the ground?" Goku asked.

I laughed as I shook my head. "What are you talking about?"

"Finding out ways to make you laugh. Kikyo, you're special and you just don't know it yet. One of the things that make you special is your laugh." Goku enlightened.

"STAPHH! You're making me feel weird. All gushy inside." I giggled.

"Well, if that's the case... How about tomorrow... I teach you how to fly? Wouldn't you like that? You need some fresh air."

"You still want to train me?"

"OF COURSE!" He cheered. "I have to make you stronger so I can fight you."

I nodded. "I'll like that."

"Now, can I go? I'm really hungry and I've been waiting a long time for you to wake up." He whined as his stomach growled.

"Can you low-key sneak some food to me?"

"Hell, yeah... I'll be right back." He said as he ran out.

I smiled as I laid down on my bed. I closed my eyes as I remembered to the pleasant feeling of Goku's presence. Goku represented a father figure to me. He was better than my adopted father. I began feeling myself drift to sleep. And this time... I didn't feel alone.