Skin

"Whee! Wanna come over?" Hyejin popped behind Wheein. It was Friday.

After a long and heavy work week, everything Hyejin wanted was to relax and spend time with her best friend.

"Tonight?" Wheein asked without taking her attention off of the monitor.

"Yes, dummy! Today is Friday and I miss spending time with you" Hyejin hugged Wheein's shoulders resting her chin on top of the latter's head.

"Okay, I'll" Wheein leaned on her seat resting her hands on top of Hyejin's who had a smile from ear to ear.

"So, you're coming with me?"

"No, I'll go home first to feed Ggomo but after that, I'll head to your house."

"Okay, no problem." Hyejin kissed the crown of Wheein's head letting go of the hug and going back to her chair.

...

Wheein knocked twice on the door

"Coming!" The door was open revealing a happy Hyejin "Puppy!"

"Someone is excited."Joked Wheein closing the door behind her.

"It's Friday Whee!" Wheein smiled and walked to the sofa plopping herself on it. Still wearing her work clothes. Wheein rolled her white button-front shirt sleeves.

"Want to drink something?" Hyejin asked peeking through the kitchen's door

"Yes!"

Hyejin came back holding two bottles of beer

"Thanks. Do you mind if I...?" Wheein took a small box of mint cigarettes and a pastel blue lighter from her pant's pocket.

"Not really but just let me open the windows first"

Wheein smiled taking one of the cigarettes of the half-empty box and placing it between her lips. Wheein reached for the ashtray in the small center table placing the object on the sofa arm by her side.

After all the windows were open, Hyejin gave her friend a sign and Wheein lit the cigarette.

Hyejin smile at Wheein releasing the smoke. The view made Hyejin bit her lip.

Wheein was her friend but, she gotta admit that the girl looked sexy while smoking. Sometimes she asks herself if it is weird to think such a thing.

An idea popped inside Hyejin's head.

"Whee, I'm gonna put some music"

"Go ahead" The girl smiled swallowing the smoke one more and releasing it.

Hyejin reached for her phone and connected the device to the small Bluetooth speakers

she always had in her living room beside the TV.

The slow beat started to fill the room. Hyejin turned the lights off and turned the purple lights on to make an ambient and to make it match the song.

Both of them looked at each other with Wheein smiling, dimple on full display. Hyejin sat beside Wheein

"It's so hard to spend time together..." Hyejin started "That's why I love Fridays of course, the ones when we aren't dead tired."

"Me too" Wheein tapped the cigarette in the ashtray making the excess of ashes fall.

Finally, the song reached Wheein's ear

"This song..."

"I like it"

They were friends for a long time now but both knew they had something else happening between them. The long stares, the warmth spreading in their stomach due to some actions they made towards each other and yes, the sexual tension.