Chapter 127: Fifth Life - The Demon's Unruly Bride II

Start from the beginning

"Demon." A sense of fight or flight overtakes my body.

This beauty that everyone is so enamored by is actually a demon!

The demon Yueguang lives at Whimsical Flower Pavilion. If I can just notify the Night Raven guards about this, they can take care of it! Just how am I going to find them?

Secretly following the platform to the entertainment house, the figure steps off with grace as a fairy of utmost elegance. Dressed in layers of loose silk, the figure enters the building and everyone stares in awe.

Up the red stairs, the beauty disappears down the hall.

"I don't think I should track it any longer. It's a job for the Night Ravens to figure out," I tell myself.

"Sir! Sir, please come inside and have a drink!" A young woman with a revealing chest grabs my arm.

"Ah, no. I'm not--"

"Come and have a drink! Play some games with me, all right? Jie Jie is bored." With great strength, she pulls me inside.

I sit with her at a table. The pillows are low on the ground, providing a soft landing for me as she forces me to sit. The table is filled with snacks accompanying wine.

I really don't want to waste my money on this...

"Sir, you're so handsome!"

Should I be insulted? She thinks I look like a man and even called me handsome. Yang Zi Huo has never told me that I was pretty now that I think about it. He likes men then?

"What is the deal with this beauty, Yueguang?" I ask when she hands me a wine cup.

"Oh, Yuegang came here five years ago as a courtesan. The beauty that has surpassed all in just that mere amount of time. Everyone comes here asking for Yueguang. Don't tell me you want to see Yuegung too? When you already have me here?!" She pouts.

"Not at all. I have no interest."

"Really?" Her eyes sparkle happily.

I accept a few more drinks from her, not paying attention to her coy comments. She tries to place her body near me, and afraid she is going to find out I am a woman as well, I push her off.

"Hey, you guys can still drink and fool around when there's a demon out there?" I hear a conversation behind me.

"No demon's going to stop me from meeting Yueguang."

"This is life and death we're talking about! Two dead in the streets just this month!"

"How do you know it's a demon's doing? Could just be a lunatic on the loose."

"You think a human is capable of doing this? Sucking blood dry from a human? There's no mortal weapon that can leave a body dry of blood. I saw the body, all right? It was all shriveled up. Its bones crushed to mere smithereens."

No doubt the suspect is the beauty Yueguang they're all dying to be with.

"I'm going now." I stand while speaking.

"What? Why?"

"Ah. Almost forgot." I drop a couple of silver nuggets in her palm.

"Thank you, sir!"

"Sir, please do not leave just yet." An older woman dressed in bright green approaches me.

"What is it?" I ask.