Winter Things²

"OKAYY EVERYONE WAKE UP"Barbara shouts waking us all up from our nap.

"So, while all of you lazy asses were sleeping I was thinking about great things we could do, so first i wanna go t-" 

"ice skating" i cut her off 

"wh- what?"

"i wanna go ice skating" i state

"i mean if it's okay with you all" i add looking over at everyone

"well, lils, you just broke my dreams of going to the beach on Christmas" Barbara sighs

"Babs..you do know that there is no beach in New York, right?" Cole asks 

"oh..yea right"

"soooo, are y'all down for ice skating" i ask grinding

"ermmm, i don't know i'm tired i think imma just stay home. But y'all can go and have fun" dylan answers

"If he's not coming, I'm not either. Dont wanna thirdwheel you two during a whole afternoon, ya know" Barabara says

"well...looks like it gon be just me and you" Cole grins. I blush and go to our guest room to get ready. 

cole pov

i don't know why Lili keeps wanna do Winter things while it's literally like 85°F outside but this ice skating thing could help me with my...plan.

You remember last year, the ring i gave Lili. She thought it was an engagement ring but it wasnt.

Wellllll, nowww ittt issss. And I'm pretty sure, today is the right day to propose. She'd told Barbara she wanted to be proposed to on Christmas, last year, right?

lili pov

Cole  and i just reached the ice skating rink and idk why he keeps acting weird. Like he barely talked during the car ride and kept staring at me while smiling like a lunatic when the traffic light was red. Not that it's bothering me, not at all. It's just...weird

~

Cole orders us two milkshake along with our pairs of ice skate. 

Lucky for us, the ice skating rink was almost empty. There were only a woman with her daughter apart from us so we could get, for once, some privacy. 

We get on the rink and I imediatedly fall at the contact of the ice. 

"right when i was about to ask you to hold me if i fell, Lil!"

"Very funny, Sprouse" 

"well, looks like I'll be the one holding you if you fall then.."

"you better be, i suck at this stuff, never managed to stand up on these ice skates more than 20 secondes"

"then why'd you ask to come here?"

"i knew you would catch me if i fell. And i wanted you to hold me, sooo will you hold me while ice skating pleaseee"

"you know ur like the cutest girl ever, right?"

i blush.

he pulls me back up and hold both my hands leading me to the oher end of the rink.

I purposely fall back down so he hold his hand out for me and i pull him down with me.

we lay down on the cold ground laughing our asses off cause we're simply idiots. Idiots in love.

"i love you"

"i love you more."

"but pulling me down here with you was rude" he says dramatically placing his hand on his chest

i laugh at him and kiss him. One of my cheeks on the iced ground of the rink, yet i somehow still feel this warm feeling. The one feeling i only feel when he's around. I don't really know how to describe it. It's the feeling that always remind me this is right, him and I. The feeling that's always here to remind me how much I love him.

"Ahemm, excume me!"

i jolt my head up, noticing the guy who must own the place looking kinda mad at me and Cole.

"you guys can't stay here just lying on the ground that's not what are rink made for!!"

cole, suddendly burst in fits of laughter. 

Oh Cole, why are you such a child sometimes

"hey, will you please just get up instead of laughing like a crazy man"

well this man's not the nicest, though. So keep laughing at him like the crazy man he says you are.

 - 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩, 10pm

it's been a little over 1 hour Cole driving through New York City and I'm seriously starting to think he's not driving us back to the apartement.

"cole, i think you're taking the wrong way baby" i say laying my head on the window

"oh, no i don't think so"

"yes, you are, we're almost out of the city"

he just nods and pulls over. I look around, and see a wide park with loads of little lights on the ground. The park looks like a galaxy and the little lights are the stars, it's simply gorgeous.

"wha- what is this?"  

" well, i wanted to do this on the ice skating rink--actually no, scatch that! I wanted to do that since our first kiss, actually but i'm only doing it now.."

what the fuck is happening

"Lili Pauline Reinhart, i love you, you are the reason I'm waking up in the morning, you're the one who's made me feel what love really is and I'm so thankful to you for that. I still remember the first day we've met. You were so shy, you hardly even spoke a word. You were a broken girl, you needed someone to rely on, and I am so glad you gave me this honnor. 

I also remember our first kiss. You kissed me as we were repeating for our role as Betty and Jughead. I thought you had read the script wrong. Oh what a dumbass I was.

I also remember the time when I came up this-"

"you aren't going to list everything we did together over the past years, aren't you" i tease with tears streaming down my face, messing up my mascara

"this is going to take hours" i giggle wiping some of my hot tears away

"yeah, right! we spend so much unforgettable moments together I can't even begin to enumerate them and I only hope to make more of these with you in the future . Because, Lili, you are the one I want to wake up next to every single morning of my life. 

Lili Pauline Reinhart, will you marry me and make me the happiest man alive?" he says pulling out the most beautyful ring i have ever seen in my whole damn life

"YES!YES YES YES YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES"

___________________________
an|she said yes

stream Camila Cabello's new album "Romance" because it slapsss

ty for 13k of reads btw ly