19

Kelsey froze as soon as the name left my father's mouth. none of the guys reacted straight away, although, either my mother, or Lauren did led out a loud gasp.

"Is this some sick joke?" Kelsey whispered to my father, we could all hear the resentment in her tone. "If this is some sick joke-"

"I never  joke about that matter," my father cut her off, yet his tone was calm. 

"Then how do you know all of this?" Ashton asked. "How do you know that she is the daughter of two of the most important figures of both worlds?".

"How do you know that the Archangel is...you know..." Jace drawled out, blush appearing on his due to the embarrassment.

"Well," my father began. "Your ancestor Cassian was Gabriel's 'right hand', so whenever they had to discuss important matters related to both Heaven and Hell, they would have meetings."

"Your great-great-great grandfather personally knew the Archangel, they were friends since the very beginning. So, once Gabriel became one of the Archangels, she personally chose your ancestor to become his 'right hand'. Not everyone knew about her gender; in fact, she made the decision to not confirm whether she was a woman or a man."

"Why would she want to keep her identity as a secret?", Lauren asked. "Whats the big deal about her being a woman?"

"Because in heaven, all of the Archangels are men. So, if they discovered that a woman had the same power and control as man, everything would get out of control, and they would possibly remove Gabriel from the Archangels."

We were all shocked to hear that, not only did my ancestor Cassian had a close bond with the Archangel, but also the fact that a woman with so much power, had to keep her gender a secret in order to survive. Is this what it takes for a woman to have the same power as a man?

"That is why in mural paintings, illustrations in both the Hebrew and the Christian Bible, her features are so androgynous, it is very hard to tell whether she is actually a woman."

After all the information my father told us, I couldn't help but agree with my father. I remember seeing The Annunciation painting for the very first time years ago. Looking back at it now, I did in fact see the androgyny in her facial features, as well as her soft golden curls framing her delicate face. 

I exchanged looks with the guys and Lauren, and they all had similar thoughts as I did. Kelsey on the other hand, remained in the exact spot that she was throughout the whole revelation. Leaning forward to stand up, I felt a hand gripping my forearm, only to find Lauren shaking her head, as if I should leave her where she was standing.

"She's not finished with the questions," she whispered, releasing me from her grip. Nodding, I sat back down.

My father also noticed that she was still standing, as he sighed and loosened the tie around his neck.

"I know what you're thinking," he began. "Why would they abandon you? However, 'abandon' isn't the word I would use. Believe it or not, they were actually protecting you from the angels and demons that wanted you dead."

What in the actual fuck?

Who would want her dead?

Why would they want her dead?

"Dude," Ashton whispered in my ear. "Calm down, you're bleeding."

looking down at my hands, I noticed that I clenched my fists so hard, that my nails where digging into my skin, allowing the blood to come out. As i wiped the palms against my trousers, my father began to explain everything.

"When the first fallen angels were expelled from heaven, it was quite the scandal. No one, in a million years, would think that an angel and a human would have a child; we all believed that it was physically impossible. So, when the rumour that an angel and a demon had a child, we all refused to believe it."

"We were certain, both demons and angels, that the baby wouldn't survive. Why? Because if the Angelic essence and the Demonic essence are running in the same body, a reaction would be created, resulting in the body to self destroy. However, when it was discovered that the baby survived the first twenty four hours, it is safe to say that both worlds were scared."

"Why would they be scared that I survived?" Kelsey whispered. I noticed that her voice trembled as she spoke.

"Because if a child, with both Angelic and Demonic essence running through her body, is the heir of Lucifer's throne, a disaster would occur."

We all remained silent for a long time. I don't know why, but once the word 'disaster' rolled out of my father's tongue, I got goosebumps all over my forearms.

"What do you mean that a disaster would occur?" Ashton asked.

"If Kelsey sits on the throne, that will be the outbreak of the bloodiest and most terrifying war to have ever existed," my mother spoke out for the first time.

"And in order to prevent that from happening," my father concluded. "They wont stop until Kelsey is dead."

Hello my fine Specimens!

I am sorry for not posting during lockdown. I was super busy with school work and university entry exams, that I didn't even have the time to sit down and write!

Now that I am back, I'll be updating more often. I'll post a new Polyphia chapter this week or the next, and once The Greek God reaches up to ONE MILLION reads, the book will be up in Amazon, at a very reasonable price.

One million. Can you believe that? I feel like it was yesterday that I wrote the first chapter after being inspired by Skam. I just want to say Thank You from the very bottom of my heart.

I love you all ❤️