𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍.

Start from the beginning

"My bad," he mumbled. He still had an attitude clearly, because any other time, he would've laughed at me.

"What's the matter, pooh?" I sighed, sitting on the opposite side of the sofa from him.

"It's nothin' bae—"

"It has to be something, you not acting like yourself," I moved hair from my face and kicked my feet up.

"My pops birthday coming," he muttered. I knew he and Shah's dad passed away when he was younger, and he was raised by his maternal grandmother and his mom. I knew how he felt, around my mama's or the kid's birthdays I got really sad and wanted to be alone.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I pouted, scooting closer to him. He shrugged, rubbing his hands across his hair.

"I ain't wanna bother you wit' it, Ima be straight," he spoke, making me frown.

"Semaj, you can't keep shit like that to yourself. I'on care what it is, if you not feelin' a hundred percent, you can come talk to me. That's what I'm here for. I know your daddy meant a lot to you, so I expect you to be sad, but you don't have to be sad by yourself okay?" I didn't mean to preach to him like that but I know how it felt to suffer alone, and that shit took a toll on you. I didn't want anyone I cared about to have to be alone. If I had the power to be there, I would.

He just looked at me at first. He didn't say anything, just looked. He leaned over and kissed me twice, pulling back and just looking over my face. I saw him smile a little bit and turn away from me, tryna hide it.

"Thank you, I appreciate that," he said, after another minute of us sitting in silence. 

"You don't gotta thank me, I'm here for you, aight? Don't forget," I yawned, standing up from the couch, ready to get something to eat and take my ass to sleep.

***

Later on, I was laid up in my queen size, on the phone with him. He wasn't planning on spending the night with me tonight, but he changed his mind so he was on his way back from his apartment, with his clothes. He called me to make sure I didn't fall asleep and lock him out, because I'd done it once...or twice before.

"The door open?" he asked, pulling into a space.

"No, I'll come let you in," I yawned again. I knew I really liked his ass because sleep is something I rarely forefit.

"You need to leave it open fa' me so you ain't gotta always get out yo' bed, mama," he said, making me blush. I loved when he called me that.

"I don't want nobody coming to snatch me, I will keep it locked, sir," he laughed but I was dead ass serious. Last thing I needed was to get taken right out my house and get sex trafficked or some shit because I wanted to be dumb and leave my door open.

"Well I'm comin' down yo' hallway. Bring yo' lil ass on so you can go to sleep," he replied in his usual aggressive ass tone.

"You swea' you somebody daddy," I grumbled, getting up and walking down the hall to my front door, turning the locks, pulling it open, coming face to face with him.

"Yeah, yours," he smirked, making me shake my head. He laughed and followed me back to my room after locking my door. I didn't waste no time getting back in my bed and under my thick sheets. I had the AC blasting so I could sleep better, I hate sleeping hot.

Eventually, he got in behind me, turning on my tv. He swore he needed the background noise to sleep. When I spent the night, if I cut the tv off when he fell asleep, he would wake his ass right back up. I didn't know why, but I was gonna fall asleep either way, so I had no problem with it.