Chapter 19: ...

The next morning everyone was up early to drop of Tyler's family. Jamie, Tyler, Tyler's family and I all crammed into Jamie's truck. It was a tight fit but we made it. Tyler hugged his parents and sisters so hard before he watched them bored their plane. He was saddened by their departure, and I was saddened for him. After an emotinal goodbye we headed to the hospital for a long day of therapy.

"Aren't you exited?" questions Tyler as we get into the elevator.
"No, I never have a good time here" I mumble
"Why not?"
"All these games are like kid games and I suck at them, it makes me feel stupid" I murmer
"Nicola you are not stupid! You are making progress, soon you'll have your memory back than you can go back to writing for the stars"
"Yea the new guy sucks! Never writes anything about me" muttered Jamie who put on this ugly pout face that caused me to giggle a little. "There's my favorite patient!" Smiles Doctor Ollins as he walked into waiting room. His hair was getting even more grey by the day.

"Guess what!"
"What?"
"I remembered some stuff this weekend! I got some old memories back!" I smile hard, I was proud of myself.
"That's wonderful, we're making progress" he than looks over my shoulder to see Jamie and Tyler.
"My, my, Jamie Benn in the flesh" he says flabbergasted
"Nice to meet you" smiles Jamie as he reaches his hand out to shake Doctor Ollins.
"Can we talk for a second" he than looks at me "In privacy?"They left but I could hear the both of them as the converse behind the door.

"Nicola has had a really rough past, her memory is coming back in small parts and I'm afraid her bad memories will come back and she'll fall into a deep depression" Jamie sighs
"I didn't know this, however I can not help how her memory comes back, little parts or just the whole thing. You need to keep her happy, remind her that those things are in the past. It's up to you and the people she's around to make her feel comfortable"

They continue to talk back and forth but I can no longer hear because they've moved further away. I look at Tyler who's sitting there staring at me. I wanted to melt. I didn't want bad memories.. I didn't want to be sad. Tyler must've seen my facial expression because he opens his arms and I sunk into them. My face buried into his black leather jacket. He cupped the back of my head with one hand while the other rubbed my back.
"It's going to be okay Nic" his voice soothes me for some reason. I had nothing to worry about. Jamie and Tyler where taking the best care of me.

Eventually Jamie enters the room with a sigh but when he sees me he smiles a little.
"Alright come on Nicola" Doctor Ollins says as he appears from behind Jamie. I follow him to the back room where and hour and a half of torture begins. But it's actually wasn't that bad. I was able to get through the games so much faster than before, I even completed a whole side of the puzzle.
"You are making tremendous progress!" Doctor Ollins smiles from ear to ear as he reads over my clipboard.

I left that day very happy with myself. Things where looking really well. That night I laid in my bed with Marshall who was cuddled into my side. The house was quiet until I started hearing faint mumbling. I got up and pressed my hear to my door in fear of revealing myself might stop the conversation.

"Are you sure Tyler? You are more than welcome to stay here-"
"No,no Jamie. I've loved staying with you but I think I wanna get my own place ya know? I'll defiantly be here every night for dinner bro"
"Alright, whatever you want. But you are always welcomed here"