Journey-6

Future...

You: Hahh Hahh

You're exhausted. Covered in blood. Some of it yours, and some of it isn't. Bodies litter the ground around you. You're on your knees in front of a man who's head you bashed in.

Clem: Y/N?

You turn around to see Clementine. She has an arm draped across Charlie shoulders, who is supporting her. She has a concerned look on her face.

Clem: Did you do all of this?

You don't need to answer. She already knows.

------------------------

Sometime after escaping...

Your sitting in the back of a car with Clementine. She has laid her head on your lap to sleep.

Charlie: We're getting close.

You: Good.

Charlie: Our people will treat you guys well. You'll feel good as new in no time.

You: Where are we going? You never told us.

Charlie: Right, I forgot, Richmond.

You: Clementine said something about it earlier.

Charlie: You'll love it. You two could settle down there if you wanted to.

You: We have some people that we need to find.

Charlie: Ah, I understand. What happened to them?

You: We got separated when a herd of Walkers overwhelmed us.

Charlie: How'd you get out?

You: Don't know. I had her on my back and just ran. Had to go right through a group of them to get away.

Charlie: Geez. You kids shouldn't have to go through this.

You: No one should.

Charlie: Got that right.

You look out the window into the trees surrounding the road. You admire the view. Nothing but the beauty of nature.

The driver slams on the breaks just as one of the cars in front of us starts to lose control and slide right into a ditch.

Charlie: What the hell?

Charlie gets out of the car.

Charlie: You guys alright.

Someone stumbles out of the passenger side.

Unknown: GO! GET OUT OF HERE!

Just as he finishes talking a bullet goes through his head, and he drops to the ground.

You: Shit.

Clem: What's happening?

You didn't realize Clem had woken up.

You: I don't know.

Everyone is outside screaming and panicking. They don't know where the shot came from.

Charlie: Secure that mother fucker!

He's referring to John. Two people move over to the car he's being held in. They immediately get shot.

Clem: Holy shit.

You: Stay down.

Charlie: Sweep the area. We need to find the shooters.

The people begin to spread out and move into the surrounding trees when a barrage of bullets begin to rain down on them. Some are hit and others make for cover.

You see John use the opportunity and run towards where the shooters are.

You: It's a rescue mission.

Clem: He's going to get away?

You: No.

You begin to move her off you. She stops you.

Clem: You can't go out there. You're too weak to fight right now.

You: I can do it.

Clem: Let the others deal with it. He'll kill you.

You: Not if I kill him first.

Clem: Then his people will kill you.

You know this argument is one you'll lose. It isn't logical that you go out there, but you can't let John escape. Not after everything he's done.

You: I'm sorry.

You pull away from her and out of the car.

Clem: Y/N stop!

You run off into the woods in the direction of where John went. Keeping low to avoid any unwanted attention from the shooters. You hear shouts from both sides as they try to strategize against each other. Bullets ding on the cars, chip away at the trees, and tear into people's bodies.

You enter the tree line and look around. Trying to find any sign of where John went. You hear the guns firing nearby, and slowly move towards them. If you can find someone separated from the rest, you can ambush them.

You inch closer and closer as time goes by until you see two people. They're far enough away from the others that they won't hear the struggle.

You slowly approach behind the two people and grab the first one in a headlock. They drop their rifle to the ground and try to yell for their partner, but you squeeze their neck tight enough that they can't talk. They gag as you squeeze causing the other to look over at you. You quickly grab the pistol holstered in the pants of the one you're holding and shoot the other in the leg. They scream in pain. You shoot them again and they stop moving, but you aren't sure where your second bullet hit. It doesn't matter though; they won't have time to rise back up and bite you.

You: Where's John?

You slightly release your grip from their throat so they can speak. They cough a little and take deep breathes.

Unknown: Fuck you!

They elbow you in the gut. This causes you to let go of them. They scramble forward to grab their rifle and shoot you, but you're too quick. You shoot their hand as it's outstretched towards the gun.

You: Where is John!?

Unknown: That way.

They point away from the road, deeper into the woods.

Unknown: You'll never get him. We outnumber you guys.

You shoot them in the head.

You: Numbers don't matter.

You check the magazine of the pistol for bullets. There's only one left.

You hear the gunfire stop. You look back at the road and see people peeking out from their cover. You also see Clem stumble out of the car.

Clem: Hey! Someone!

She's going to rat you out. You don't have much time. You need to get moving.

------------------------

Clem's POV

He left. He went out there all on his own. Why would he do that?

Tears are covering my face as I hide in the backseat of the car. Suddenly the gunfire stops. I lift my head up and look out of the window. It's stopped.

I open the door and fall out onto the ground. I grab the car and use it to stand up.

Clem: Hey! Someone!

Charlie looks at me and runs over. He notices that Y/N isn't standing with me.

Charlie: Is Y/N hit?!

He starts to go to the backseat of the car, but I stop him.

Clem: No, he went out there to find John.

Charlie: Ah fuck. I'll go get him.

Clem: I want to come.

He glances at my leg and back up, pondering what I just said.

Charlie: Ok. Come on.