Chapter Three: One Step Closer

I do not won fairy tail

Natsu walked up to where Levy was sitting in panic. He breathed heavilly, he had just been running from Lucy's house to the guild. Usually, it wouldn't be a big deal for him since he was used to running long distances, but this time, Lucy was on his mind.

"What's wrong Natsu?" Levy asked, worriedly.

"L-Lucy, she- bright light... magic... poof..." Natsu panted. His hand gestures didn't do anything but make him look like a fool.

"Spit it out salamander!" Gajeel, who happened to be sitting next to Levy, chimed in. A glint of annoyance in his eyes.

Natsu took a moment to collect himself, " I got in a fight wih Lucy and then we were arguing, and then there was this light, and then she went poof and disappeared, and then, I ran here, and now, I'm talking to you" Natsu said quickly. In the background, the guild was listening. Silence took over. A rare, dead silence.

"Love rival is gone!? Gray-sama~" Juvia's eyes turned into large hearts as she attempted to pounce on Gray.

"Oi! Oi! Juvia! This is no time for that! Let's get Lucy back first. Calm down! I don't like anybody else...! but you..." Gray said to the love-strucken girl. (The but you part is an author's note so that I can keep it a little in character and not too OOC. But I ship it, it happens, ok)

"Gray-sama~" Juvia "melted" into her water form. She did feel a little depressed that Lucy was gone, but she felt as if she had a bigger chance,

"Onto more important things, how do we get her back?" Erza asked Levy.

"Natsu, what exactly happened?" Levy asked. Natsu noticed Gageel's hand on Levy's leg, but waved it off and began to think.

"I was mad at her, she was mad at me... She was... mad at me... for... always saving her and saying that she didn't need to be saved. But she always did have to be saved-"

"Cut the crap and quit being so childish flamebrain. We're trying to get Lucy back, aren't we?" Gray glared at him.

Natsu hated to admit, but ice princess was right. He wanted to get Lucy back.

"And then, there was a bright light that was around her, but it felt..." Natsu stopped and shuddered "it felt like it was full of hate, and it felt like the strongest amount of magic energy I've ever felt. Ever. And then, she was gone in the blinknof my eye" Natsu explained as best he could. As he explained it out loud, he felt like he could've done something, anything, to save her.

"So, Levy, do you have any ideas as to where Lucy might be?" Erza asked as she glanced over her shoulder at Natsu, who was frowning, lost deep in his thoughts. Which he never did before. It was a rare thing indeed.

"I don't know. I've never heard anything like this... WAIT! Yes, I have. When we were in Edolas, I did a huge study on alternate dimensions. There are a couple. But, I'm sure it's this one; it has to be" Levy scrunched up her forehead in thought.

"Then where is she?!" Natsu asked at the sound of hearing that Levy might know where Lucy was.

"Don't fucking yell at her salamander!" Gajeel growled at him through clenched teeth. Now he knew what was going on, in fact, the whole fuild knew; they were screwing eachother. Levy blushed, as Gajeel just realized what he had done, and sat back down, his face to the wooden surface of the bar, built into the guild hall.

"Where is she Levy?" Erza asked.

"Well, Lu-chan is in the "Original Earth" as people like to call it. The world has no magic, as far as we know. Just like in Edolas, there are versions of ourselves, but they are barely different. Umm... our worlds are basically the same, minus the use of magic, or anything that has to do with magic. Apparently, some people have telekinesis, powers to tell the furure, and people who have sixth senses though. That's... That's all the books said, and that's all I found" Levy explained, closing one of four thick books that she had on the bar's surface.

"How do we get there?" Natsu asked eagerly. Gajeel's head was still on the wooden surface.

"Uhm... we need to force a gate open with all the 12 golden keys, and some clock thingy, that the magic council has. And still, only one person can go in. Natsu, I assume that will be you" Levy said, determination in her voice.

"Okay then. But... Lucy has 10 of the golden keys-" Erza was cut off.

"I have Lucy-sama's keys!" Yukino, who suddenly appeared out of nowhere, chimed in. She held up Lucy's keys, even the silver ones.

"How?" Natsu asked.

"Leo had summoned himself and gave ms them and said that Lucy might be in trouble, and so I came here" Yukino explained.

"Good. Now, we just need the clock, and we need to knkw how to open the gate" Erza smiled, one step closer to getting the blonde-haired girl back. The guild needed Lucy. Everything would have seen so different without her.