PAGE SEVEN

“I am imprisoned because of disobeying the rules and laws. I am one of the operators in the laboratory. One time, when they noticed that I drank the red potion, they immediately brought me here in this cold and wet box room. At first, I don’t know why they did this to me. I only realized that the red potion can change the alien’s mind. And as you see, I can speak English.”

Shawn felt a bit puzzled, “Wait, do you all eat flesh? By the way, my name is Shawn.”                 

“I am Zerath,” she said, “Precisely. We eat flesh and that tastes so delicious, but don’t worry, my body is filled with human blood and I don’t need to eat human’s flesh anymore.”

“Where did these humans came from and how many times do you eat per day?”

“Once or twice a week or month, I guess,” said Zerath, taking a deep sigh. “There were times we didn’t catch humans for two consecutive years, because we brought three airplanes here. We drank mutagen for us to transform like a real human. We rode those airplanes and brought it here.”

“That’s why there were hi-jacked planes in the air. I thought they were bombed by the suicide bombers” Shawn thought, still on his confusion.

Shawn’s sweat streamed more when he remembered the news in the past, and that was 2013 and 2014. He realized that those aliens were the reason why there were hi-jacked planes in the past. And he also thought that was the conflict of the lands and/ or the plane’s faulty radar. Now that he knew the real things that happened, he was thinking if he would share it or not.

“What are you going to do with our blood?” Shawn suddenly asked with curiosity.

“We gather human blood because someday, we will be in your place. We want to live in your world because we want to multiply our kin, not manipulated by machines. We want body contact. That’s why we keep on gathering human blood. We will mix it with ours and through this; we can be humans like you. We will also eat flesh and at the same time, we will inject mutagens for transformation. But the problem is . . . no one has discovered the perfect mutagen to transform a forever real human. We can be humans, but only good for two hours.”

Zerath’s head fell like she was taking a bow and suddenly burst. Black tears fell on the ground as she sobbed like a real human. Shawn suddenly remembered Dorothy when he heard Zerath crying because there were similarities with their voices and tones when they cry. He soothed her, and then he wiped her tears with cloth, the same as what he did with Dorothy when they had a conflict with their relationship. And then, he gave the handkerchief to her.