Chapter Seventeen

I watched him as he put his traveling cloak on.
"Are we going far?" I raised an eyebrow curiously.
"Not in entire pretenses no. You'll like it. Don't worry." He smirked as he watched me stumble and put my shoes on. I grabbed my cloak and placed it over my shoulders, Snape had bought be one since I had always found a condescending joy in stealing his. "Ready?" He looked down at me.
"Ready." He took my hand and I felt a sharp clench in my stomach as my body stretched and pulled. I watched as the colors swirled around me until we came to a stop. Our surroundings became focused as I struggled to keep my balance. I clenched his arm as I looked around. "Sev? Where-"
"We are in, personally, one of my favorite places. I used to come here as a child. I hold it so close to my heart. I figured since I hold you just as close, that I should bring you here." He smiled softly at me. I returned the smile and looked around. A large tree stood in the distance surrounded by tall grass and a riverbed, no bigger than the pond by the dark forest. The tree had branches that sporadically hung low to the ground, some even grazed against the water.
"It's beautiful here." I turned around and pressed myself against him, causing his arms to encircle in an embrace.
"I'm glad you like it." He released me and took my hand, leading me over to a shaded spot under the tree. Severus waved his wand and a blanket appeared. I smiled and sat down, he did shortly after. He shrugged off his robe and placed it next to mine which was folded neatly next to the tree. He laid back and looked up at the clouds. I stared at the riverbed, watching the small intricate waves bob the lily pads up and down gently. "You seemed entertained." His voice was laced with lethargy and contentment.
"I'm not entertained." I hit his leg playfully. "I'm taking in the beauty." I felt him sit up and scoot behind me.
"As am I, my love." His hands wrapped around my waist and pulled me against him. He rested his head in the crook of my neck and sighed. "As am I."
We sat there for hours watching the light fade die the sky. The water seemed to still and the wind blew a gentle breeze across the twilight soaked scenery. When sunset approached we gathered our things and prepared to leave, watching the sun escape behind the horizon. I felt his fingers entangled in mine and once more the world around me swirled and stretched as we apparated back to Hogwarts. We ended up in his chambers. Severus lit the fire and sat down in his large chair, motioning me to sit with him. I walked over and say down on his lap, curling my knees against my chest as I nestled my head against his chest.
"Thank you." He kissed the top of my head.
"For what?" I felt him smiled against the top of my head.
"For taking me today. I know that it must have been hard bringing me to a place that you shared with Lily." He shifted uncomfortably causing me to push away and took at him. His face wore a shocked and confused look.
"H-How do you know about Lily? I never mentioned her to you?" I looked away but he guided my glance back at him. "Danielle?"
"Your occlumency shields are weaker when you sleep, I wanted to know what you where thinking last night. I..I was worried that you didn't love me. I ended up seeing a lot of your memories. I saw memories of Lily. I can see why you love her-" He mumbled something. "What?"
"Loved. I loved her. I don't love her anymore. I've moved on, apart from the fact that she's dead." I wasn't looking at him now, I had moved to the couch next to his chair. I faced the fire, staring at it.
" I know it was wrong of me, but I knew you wouldn't let me in willingly. I understand if you're mad." I glanced over at him.
"I'm not mad, I'm a little frustrated because you now know everything about me but it's only fair since I've done it to you, so no I'm not mad."
"You've done it to me?" I turned to face him and he nodded. "Well I guess we're even." He chuckled.
"I guess we are." He moved to a spot on the floor in front of the fire, laying down with a heavy sigh. He looked over at me and outstretched his arm. I sighed and smiled, then I slowly moved next to him. We laid there for a while until I felt my eyes go heavy. Severus shifted to sit up and I walked over to the drawer and waved my wand, causing my pajamas to appear on my body. I shuffled over to the bed tiredly and got under the covers. Severus looked at me and smiled contently. He removed his shirt and pants. I felt my face go bright red. "Still satisfied, I see." I giggled.
"Why shouldn't I be?" He chuckled softly and walked over to the end of the bed. He crawled over me and pulled me so I was laying flat underneath him.
"I never said that." He leaned down and kissed me. I felt his hands run down my waist. I raked my fingers through his hair. He broke the kiss and smiled, sliding under the covers. "Get some sleep my love." I murmured a response and rolled onto my side. His hand slipped around my waist and pulled me against him. I waved his hand and caused the light to go out. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up in the girls dormitory in the Gryffindor tower. I rolled my eyes and sat up, scratching my head. Hermione and Ginny shuffled around and looked up at me.
"Well look who's finally awake." Ginny smiled and through a pillow at me.
"Hah yeah. Were where you yesterday? Harry, Ron, and I where looking for you." Hermione looked at me curiously. I had a feeling she knew but she just wanted me to say it. Ginny had gone out of the room by now.
"I was with Severus." Her curious look turned to a devious smile.
"For two days?" I looked down, smiling. "Oh my god! Two days! So you've mended things?!" I nodded. She ran over to me and hugged me. "Yay!" I laughed.
"Blimey Mione. I didn't think you'd be that excited." She thumped me over the head with a pillow. She ushered me to get dressed then went to get Ron and Harry. I ran down the stairs, jumping the last few steps and landing in front of Harry.
"Well look who's all chipper. C'mon, lets go to breakfast. I'm hungry." Ron patted his stomach.
You're always hungry." Hermione and I said in unison, causing ourselves to giggle. Ron rolled his eyes and chuckled a long with us. When we got to the Great Hall, we sat down and played our food. I heard the screeching of owls. I saw Bellfire and smiled. He perched himself on my shoulder and rubbed his head against my cheek. He hopped onto the table and I untied three pieces of parchment, including the Daily Prophet. I patted his head and gave him a piece of chicken and he flew back to the Owlry. I noticed that everyone had received the same gold parchment I had. I opened it and read it silently, as did everyone else.
' Dear Miss Evans

As minister of magic it is my duty to create a world where people feel safe and secure.

It has come to my general knowledge that there is concern about the amount of magical blood in a child. With that being said,

The ministry has decided to pass a law that all persons of magic are required to wed another person of magic blood, whether they are muggle blooded, pure blooded, or half blooded.

You are required to find a partner, who you can select, in the next month. If you have not done so by the deadline, the ministry will provide a partner for you based on your personal credentials.

We thank you for your cooperation.

With sincerity,

Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic.'

I sat there, with anger and confliction as the Great Hall filled with shouts of anger and outrage.

"That is bloody insane!" Harry cried.

"It's madness!" Hermione glared at the paper.

Dumbledore demanded silence.

"I understand your outrage, in fact, I agree with it but it will not do any good. You all will pick someone, so this benefits you in some way. Now, finish your meal and return to your houses. Classes have been cancelled for today."