Chapter Four

I woke up the next morning and got dressed into my robes. I saw Hermione in the Gryffindor common room and we walked down to breakfast with Harry and Ron. We took our seats and Dumbledore stepped up to the podium.

"Good morning children, I hope you all are well rested for your classes." The great hall filled with groans of dissapproval, mostly from the Slytherin tables. He took a deep breath and continued. "Well, incase the majority of you didn't know, Professor Snape will be teaching Potions and Defense Against the Dark Arts due to Professor Lupins unfortunate decision to leave us." All the tables erupted in whispers. According to Percy, the head boy, Snape has been after the position of Dark Arts teacher for years. Dumbledore shushed us and went on a rant about other important things. After he finished, he let us eat. I watched as Ron piled food onto his plate. Harry and I started to laugh. Ron looked up at us confused.

"What?" The word was muffled by a mouthful of food. Harry looked at me then at Ron.

"Nothing." Harry nudged me and we laughed even harder. Hermione shook her head and giggled. Pretty much everyone at our table was laughing, including Ron. Dumbledore stepped up to the podium once more.

"Now, I'd like to introduce you to the newest addition to the hogwarts family. Professor Lucius Malfoy." Harry sat there and rubbed his scar. I scowled at Lucius. Everyone in Slytherin House cheered. "He will be teaching Charms and Spells while professor flitwick is out sick." The Slytherin house cheered while the other houses remained silent. Dumbledore finished up his announcement then he let us finish eating. After we where dismissed, everyone in the common room was talking about it.

"Do you believe it?" Neville asked. "The two meanest teachers in the same school. My God!"

"I'm seriously thinking about transferring." Seamus said. He gave me a look that made me giggle.

"Well," said Harry. "I'm not gonna get in anyone's way. Especially a Malfoy." Everyone shivered at his comment and started to laugh. The laughter turned into silence as we pulled out our schedules.

"Oh shit, I got them back to back!"

"Same!" Everyone crowded and analyzed each other's schedules. I honestly didn't care. I managed to sneak up to the girls dormitory. I sat on my bed and noticed a note. I opened it and read it silently.

'Ms. Evans,

I need to speak with you. It's very important. Come to my office during your free period tomorrow.

By the way, welcome back.

SS'

I smiled softly at the note. Snape needed to see me. I've always had a crush on him. Everyone thought I was loony to like a man who was mean with a long nose and pale skin. I know that inside, Snape is a nice person. He just is lacking the means to show it.

That night I couldn't sleep. I had stayed up all night writing a letter to my mum.

'Hi mum,

I'm settling in well. I found the others! and guess what? Lucius Malfoy is teaching at our school, I know you hate him, but I promise not to hex him until I graduate. I miss you. I can't wait to hear from you. I love you mum.

With love and hugs,

Dani

P.S. Harry, Ron, and Hermione say hi!'

I sealed the letter and gave it to Bellfire and he flew off.