chapter 10

You quickly take off your shoes and run across the field. You stop in the middle of the field and close your eyes, the wind blows your hair. For the first time in a while you felt free, you felt happy, away from your problems. It was like you felt enough.  You feel a hand on your shoulder, you open your eyes and turn to face Chan. You study his face, to you, his face seemed perfect. His dark brown eyes sparkled in the midnight sky, your eyes traveled down to his lips. In that moment his lips looked so soft, so inviting. 

"Why are you looking at my lips?" 

"They just look pretty..."

"Pretty enough to kiss?"

You look away, staring at your feet. Chan's question made you think more than ever, sure his lips were beautiful and inviting but would you kiss a boy you knew only for a short time? You think back to the first time you saw him, when Haneul told you Chan just dated for fun, not caring if he hurt anyone's feelings. That probably meant he kissed whoever he wanted with no real feelings involved. You would not fall down that hole. 

You look back up to meet Chan's eyes, how is it that his eyes were stunning as well? How did you not notice his features before?

"Chan, I think your lips are beautiful but we both know you don't take relationships seriously. Doesn't that mean you just kiss for fun, with no feelings involved? I want to kiss someone who I have feelings for, I don't want to kiss you for fun Chan. "

Chan sits down on the grass and motions you to do the same. When you both settle down he tips his head towards the sky. This night, the sky was full of stars.

"You know, I did use to date a lot, and you were right I kissed anyone I wanted for fun. That's because I could get anyone I wanted, it was easy. I was bored with my life bored of dating the same old people, who only cared about my money, my looks, or simply just to brag to their friends about dating me. Then you came into my life, I thought you were just like everyone else because you wore the same clothes as me. But I was wrong for once in my life, you were so interesting, you were the one person who talked back to me. So I tried to get to know you, the more I learned about you, the more interesting you were to me. I loved spending time with you, but I didn't want you to have misunderstandings with me, so I stopped dating, I realized it was wrong I shouldn't have hurt so many people. I'm sorry I asked you that y/n, your'e right kiss who you love, and I'll try to be happy for you and whoever that is."

"I never thought I'd see the day when I could change someone that much. I am glad that you realized that it's wrong to hurt people, for all I know you could be going through problems I can't understand. I don't expect you tell me know, but one day if we are still friends and are closer, enough that you are comfortable with telling me anything, you'll tell me. "

"Yeah maybe one day."

"By the way Chan, what do you mean you'll try to be happy for me? Why do you have to try?"

"Because I can't guarantee I'll be happy for you."

"Are you saying you have a cr-" you start, but Chan starts to run away.

"HEY I WASN'T FINISHED CHAN! GET BACK HERE IT'S AN IMPORTANT QUESTION!"