chapter 9

a/n: so sorry for not publishing in a while, school has me busy :(

Your eyes widen at them, what if this was all your fault? You were the one who suggested to eat at this restaurant, but then again you didn't know Minho and the mysterious girl would be here. You look closely, while the girl looked happy smiling at Minho, Minho on the other hand looked sad even though he smiled back. You went into the bathroom and quickly did your business, and headed out. When you came out, there was Haneul looking pale, oh no she definitely saw.

"Are you okay? Of course you arent what am I thinking? I'm sorry I didn't know they would be here," you went up to Haneul.

"I'm fine, really it's okay but can we sit somewhere else? He hasn't seen me yet, and I would like it to stay that way." Haneul didn't look fine like she said, but you didn't want to push the conversation.

"Yeah of course."

You two go back to your table, somehow Chan saw Minho as well so he didn't question when they moved away to another table. After about 15 minutes of waiting the waiter came back, and you made sure to look at his name tag. It read, "Mark Lee", just like Chan he had an english name. Although Mark's note was a bit weird to you, he definitely was cute.

"Here you go, three orders of Phở and water, and just for you a rose," Mark looks you in the eyes, as he hands you a freshly picked red rose.

"Oh why thank you," you give him a warm smile, as you take the rose.

"No problem, call me if you need anything," Mark walks back to the kitchen.

"Do you even like roses? It's a popular kind of flower, but you're pretty different from other people." Chan asked, his tone seemed different than usual.

"Yeah, roses are pretty but my favorite are Dahlias, I think they are more unique," you reply.

"I see, I can grow some to give to you, Christmas is soon"

"Aw that would be amazing, thank you,"

Just then you look down at under the table, Haneul points at her phone, you realize she was signaling she wanted to text you.

Haneul\ (•◡•) /: HES SO JEALOUS NDKSHFDSKDH LOOK AT HIM

You: what who

Haneul\ (•◡•) /: CHAN WHO ELSE

You: um why would he be jealous-

Haneul\ (•◡•) /: ur so blind bro. Hear me out, that Mark dude is making moves on you. CHAN HAS A CRUSH ON YOU. IM LIKE 99% SURE, when I hang out with him all he talks about is youuuu.

You: oop, yeah not true, we are FRIENDS he's probably just in a bad mood.

"What are you guys texting about? Finish your food," Chan says, making you and Haneul look up.

You both put away your phones, and finish your food. After everyone was done eating, Chan goes and pays.

TIME SKIP

After four hours of shopping you were exhausted, you at least spent $800 on Haneul, probably a lot more but you gave up calculating how much you spent long ago. Haneul on the other hand insisted buying so many things for you, spending more than $1,000. You felt really bad, but she said to not worry about it, and that it made her feel good to spend money. Chan, on the other hand bought some things but only spent about $80. You saw him buy some really nice shirts, as well as hoodies that you really wanted to see him wear. After you and Chan drop off Haneul at her house, Chan turns to you.

"Instead of going home..can I take you somewhere?" he asks, his eyes sparkling.

"Where?"

"It's a secret"

"Isn't that basically kidnapping?"

Silence.

"Cmon y/n you know I'm not that type of guy"

You sigh, "Fine, this better be worth it. And you better not take me to some club."

Chan laughs, after spending lots of time with Chan you started to realize his laugh was your favorite thing to hear. You liked it when people you cared about laugh, because you know they are happy, but Chan's was different. While others just made you happy, Chan's in a way healed you. It was comforting, like a mother's lullaby to her baby.

Chan stops the car, interrupting your thoughts.

"Here we are y/n, you can get out of the car and see where we are."

As you get put out of the car, the view makes you gasp.

Chan took you to a dahlia field, somewhere you always wanted to go.