Chapter 6

Chan starts to notice your discomfort, and his eyes wander towards your ex.
He grabs you by the waist, pulling you closer to him.
"Who's that?" he whispers.
"My ex, the person I hate most in this world," you reply.
He nods, and was about to pull you away, but your ex already got to you.
"My,my, y/n it's been a while, I see you already found someone new to play with, haven't you?" your ex smirks, gesturing towards Chan.
People start to notice, you start to feel everyone's eyes on you and Chan, they started whipping out their phones, focused on the drama. That's how people are like in this world, they just like to watch the drama unfold, it amuses them.

"You should watch how you speak to y/n, you never know what's going to happen to you," Chan growls at your ex.
Your ex only laughs, "I see how it is, you two are dating aren't you? Hate to break it to you buddy, but y/n is not all she/he seems to be. She/he might act all sweet and innocent but she/he will break you to pieces, till all that is left is nothing." he spat the last part like venom. You knew he was lying, you never did anything wrong, although you could get pretty scary when you were mad. But even then you never ever hurt him or anyone else in any way. But would Chan believe him? You looked over to Chan, his gaze on your ex intense with hatred.
"Yeah we are dating, what about it? She/he might have broken you but she/he could never break me, y/n has a kind soul that you clearly can't see. So get out of here before I break you even more, trust me I'm holding back, you don't want to see the other side of me." Right that moment everyone gasps, even you. D-dating? You were definitely not dating Chan, what was he thinking?
"I'll leave now, but don't think this is the last you'll see of me," and with that he walked away.

"Are you okay y/n? Are you hurt?" Chan asks you, worry in his eyes. Instead of answering him, you turn to everyone else, who was looking directly at you.
"To clear things up we are not dating, we are not even close friends so don't get the wrong idea! He is still single, and so am I!" you yell. Still girls were giving you dirty looks, you might have not been dating but you were closer to Chan than any other girls and boys who tried to date him. You sigh, clearly they would still hate you no matter what you did.
Finally you turn to Chan, "Yes I'm fine, don't worry, I hope he didn't cause you any trouble."
"It's alright, but it's getting late let me take you home." Chan says to you.
"Oh well Hanuel is supposed to take me home, where is she?"
"I think she is in the back with Minho, he told me earlier she wanted to talk to him privately,"
You nod, "I'm going to go to the back then." Chan follows you to the back, as both of you see Minho and Haneul together under a cherry blossom tree. You and Chan knew immediately you stepped into a conversation, you shouldn't have. But both of you being curious decided to stay, behind some rose bushes.

"I love you, I always had Minho, can't we please make this work? Don't you share the same feelings as me?" it was Haneul speaking. Under the moonlight, you could tell Minho was looking at her the same way with love and care, but he quickly changes his expression to something darker.

"I think you got it wrong, I don't you're like a sister to me. Just let your feelings go, you can't have them for me, you deserve someone better. We cant be together, we just aren't meant to be."

"What do you mean? You're lying, a month ago when you were taking care of me because I was sick, you thought I was asleep. You kissed my forehead, and told me you loved me, told me that you have been for a long time. Are you saying that it was all a lie?" Haneul had tears running down her cheeks, you wanted to go and hug her.

"Why is he lying to her? I can tell he loves her, and it's not as a sister," you whisper to Chan.

"It's his mother, she wants him to get married to some high class girl with status and money. She knows they love each other, so she already made arrangements for him to marry someone else. Although she hasn't chosen anyone yet. She doesn't like Haneul, her father is her husband's rival. The only reason he has been hanging out with her because his mother left for a business trip, but she will be back next week. He doesn't want to hurt her, it's the last thing he wants, so that's why he has to lie. If you ask me,he should just fight for Haneul, but he's an idiot," he whispers back.

You can tell Minho is holding back tears, "Yeah it was a lie, I don't love you like that at all, just stay away from me from now on, it's better for both of us." Minho says, although it was clear he had a hard time saying those words, and with that he left. Now Haneul was crying more, even with the tears running down her cheeks,the moonlight made her skin shine. How dare he hurt her like this, even if he was trying to protect her, he was really an idiot. You and Chan quickly run up to Haneul, you wrap your arms around her, hoping your warmth could comfort her. She quietly sobs in your arms, as you pat her head.

"Shh, shh, its okay I'm here, he doesnt deserve you just forget about him. I will find you someone better, someone who will love and care for you, just let it all out," you whisper to her. You ask Chan if you could take her and you home which he agrees to, but Haneul disagrees,saying about how she doesn't want to go home. In the end, you text her parents that you two will have a sleepover at your house, which they agree to. Except you ended up going to Chan's house instead, it was bigger than yours. Chan walks you two in, and leads you to the guest room. Haneul was already asleep, so you and Chan carried her to the guest room, where you tuck her in.

"Good night, Haneul." you whisper softly. When you get out, Chan was already dressed in a black hoodie and sweatpants in the living room, staring at you.
"Why don't you stay for the night? It's already late,and I wouldn't know where to bring Haneul in the morning, you can sleep by me in my bed," Chan says.